has anyone in harrow got chesham grammar for Sept 2015?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Hopefulmamma

has anyone in harrow got chesham grammar for Sept 2015?

Post by Hopefulmamma »

We live in harrow and my DD passed but there is absolutely no news /letter from chesham grammar even of regret!
Is anyone in a similar situation - did they even go as far as harrow this year?
Any news will help:)
ToadMum

Re: has anyone in harrow got chesham grammar for Sept 2015?

Post by ToadMum »

Have you rung your LEA or the school to see where your child is on the waiting list?
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

The allocation profile is here:
http://www.buckscc.gov.uk/media/3005873 ... h-2015.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Chesham offered to 12.393 (straight line distance). You wouldn't get a letter - they can't write to everyone, you are just allocated the highest school up your list that you are eligible for. Presumably you have been offered another school? Also, the score is irrelevant - you just need to score 121 or over, and then it is on distance etc.

I think you have to ask to go on the waiting list and then they will tell you in a few weeks where you are on it.
scary mum
Hopefulmamma

Post by Hopefulmamma »

thanks scarymum
We are about 18 miles off so guess we would have no chance anyway - bucks have confirmed we are on waiting list but i see zero chance
however i know of many kis in previous years who got through as I thought it was mainly selective vs a a dr challoners etc but seems like this has changed now :(
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

Do you know where you are on the waiting list? Things can change quite a lot...
scary mum
kittymum

Post by kittymum »

Hopefulmamma wrote:thanks scarymum
We are about 18 miles off so guess we would have no chance anyway - bucks have confirmed we are on waiting list but i see zero chance
however i know of many kis in previous years who got through as I thought it was mainly selective vs a a dr challoners etc but seems like this has changed now :(
All Bucks grammar schools are the same - you are either qualified (121 or above) or not. Places are offered by catchment first then distance. Chesham have always allocated in the same way as Dr Challoners etc.
roch65

Post by roch65 »

Hi Hopefulmama,

I live in Harrow and would be interested to know whether you were eventually allocated a place at Chesham or other Bucks GS for entry in Sep2015? Our DD is due to start secondary school in Sep16 so speculating on what her chances might be!

Thanks
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

Have you checked the allocation profiles? How far away are you (straight line distance)?
scary mum
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

I think the OP's DD was offered HBS from the waiting list.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now