Bucks Appeals forum really quiet this year

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Sally-Anne

Re: Bucks Appeals forum really quiet this year

Post by Sally-Anne »

Tolstoy wrote:As an aside I thought the review results were out tomorrow and told Dc this (he wanted to know I was trying to forget) but now note they will be posted tomorrow. Any idea if the come first class?
Yes, they are posted first class. If they don't arrive on Saturday, I'm afraid you have no choice but to sit out - Admissions will not post a further letter until roughly mid-week and they will not disclose the result over the phone.

Fortunately there have been very few cases over the years where letters have completely failed to arrive.
Tolstoy

Post by Tolstoy »

Thanks S-A
Daffy

Post by Daffy »

Good luck Tolstoy (and everyone else hoping for good news). I really hope you get the result you need. :)
Tolstoy

Post by Tolstoy »

Daffy wrote:Good luck Tolstoy (and everyone else hoping for good news). I really hope you get the result you need. :)
Thanks Daffy. I'd rather he went to the local Upper for various reasons but unfortunately not what DC wants :(
ConfusedAylesburyMum

Post by ConfusedAylesburyMum »

Just to warn you - when we did this a few years ago, ours did not arrive on the Saturday and we had to hold on for the Monday (I nipped home from work to get the letter)!!
Tolstoy

Post by Tolstoy »

Thanks for the hands up confusedAM.
thefirs

Post by thefirs »

cant believe it is potentially hours til we know the answer to phase 2 (phase 1 being the test itself) so glad i did the whole thing in secret, a couple of friends know and DC doesnt know so he hasnt got the anxiety of waiting for another result. if its a no then he needs to know no more and life remains the same for him til school allocation day. I strongly recommend to future review cases to keep it all to yourself so your child is not put thru the disappointment and they start to get used to the idea of going to the local comp instead of living with the hope for a further 4 months !
thefirs

Post by thefirs »

Tolstoy wrote:Thanks for the hands up confusedAM.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Tolstoy

Post by Tolstoy »

Wise words thefirs, I really wish mine didn't know.The Problem was he knew the options and insisted we try. I would have preferred not knowing when the result came out as well but DC insisted on knowing that too. :( At least he knows I am more than happy with the school he will go to if not successful :D
claire1108

Post by claire1108 »

I'm dreading tomorrow. My son knows we have gone for a review but luckily I just told him we would find out in February so he won't be watching the post tomorrow.