Admission in to Bucks Grammers living in Staines Middx

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
bwia12345

Admission in to Bucks Grammers living in Staines Middx

Post by bwia12345 »

I would be grateful for any advice on whether it might be possible to get an offer of a place in to either Beaconsfield High or Sir William Borlase whislt living in Middlesex(looking at 2017 entry).
thanks
Guest55

Re: Admission in to Bucks Grammers living in Staines Middx

Post by Guest55 »

How far are you from these schools?

Look at the historic allocations profile and do consider how your child will get to these schools on a daily basis.
mad?

Post by mad? »

Read this thread about the allocation profiles

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... 12&t=41421" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

in short no, unless none of the thousands of children between Staines and those schools apply of course...
mad?
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

Do you really mean Sir William Borlase? Staines to Marlow? Even Staines to Beaconsfield would be awful. I know children who have done Staines to Burnham Grammar but their parents drove them every day for 7 years which isn't something to be taken on lightly.
On the other hand, maybe you are thinking of moving to Bucks?
scary mum
bwia12345

Post by bwia12345 »

thank you for your responses.
Yes it is far and yes if offered a place we would try and move within a year otherwise it would be crazy.
I was told by someone that got in to SWB today that 53 percent of places allocatecd last year at SWB were to children outside of catchment but obviously I dont know how far out andI am assuming this will be hard to establish.
mad?

Post by mad? »

bwia12345 wrote: I dont know how far out andI am assuming this will be hard to establish.
No it won't, look at the allocations profile.
mad?
kittymum

Post by kittymum »

That would be 64 out of catchment and 56 in catchment which is exceedingly unlikely. Your info may be skewed by the fact that Cookham and parts of Maidrnhead are IN catchment. Also based on the number of year 7's on my ds's school bus and the year 7's I know it would seem highly unlikely.

Even if 64 of the year group are OOC they live considerably closer then Staines! I used to work in Staines - it is not possible by public transport from Marlow and really isn't a journey to inflict on a child for 7 years! Trust me the odd trip to Thorpe Park is enough to put anyone off the journey!!
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

Here they are again http://www.buckscc.gov.uk/education/sch ... ol-places/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
A bit over 11 miles for SWBS, which does not cover Staines
scary mum
justkeepmoving

Post by justkeepmoving »

Hi. My DD has a girl in her year at Becky High who lives very near Staines. She is in year 10 & her older sister also went. So historically, it was possible. Also now there is an extra class each year, probably quite possible. Don't envy them with the journey every day though.