Bucks appeals - child recently moved/head teacher change

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
tropicmama

Bucks appeals - child recently moved/head teacher change

Post by tropicmama »

Apologies if this post might sound a bit pessimistic but I was wondering what would happen in the event that a child has to appeal against non-qualifying but there was a change of head teacher at the end of Year 5. I don't know much about the appeal process but heard from a friend that the head teacher appeals on behalf of the child? I am guessing the appeal period would only be a few weeks after the start of Year 6, with a new head teacher who would be in post for only a few weeks and who would not have known the child's history in the school (or definitely not as familiar to the child as the previous HT who would have been in place for a good few years). Has anyone experienced this? Or perhaps a child who changed schools in Year 6?
Sally-Anne

Re: Bucks appeals - child recently moved/head teacher change

Post by Sally-Anne »

I like easy questions. :D The Head would consult the child's Y5 teacher.
tropicmama

Post by tropicmama »

Thanks Sally-Anne, that makes sense :-) Whew. Although in this case, the Year 5 teacher is fairly new too. Been in post for only a few months - which I suppose is still better than nothing.
Mintaka

Post by Mintaka »

You've accurately described my DD's situation too. I'd also be interested to find out if being in special measures is also something that can be brought up should there be the need for an appeal?
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/appeal ... cation#b37" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now