Chances for OOC getting into Wycombe High

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

kittymum

Re: Chances for OOC getting into Wycombe High

Post by kittymum »

Purple Teapot wrote:Wow - my dd lives only 3 miles away and it takes her on the bus (direct route) 30 minutes. And that is not factoring in any accidents which I hate to say is far too frequent especially up near Handy Cross/M40 area. :shock:
Totally agree - we are catchment but ruled it out as we had closer school and the problems with Handy Cross - from Oxford would be horrendous journey!
MamaBear

Post by MamaBear »

yes so true, most of my friends in Oxford either home educate or send them to private school.
loobylou

Post by loobylou »

kenyancowgirl wrote:And Cherwell was last inspected in 2008.....lots can change in more than a generation of kids moving through a school.
I can't comment on the OP but my friend and her friends are not going on Ofsted inspections. The dad is a teacher so knows well how meaningless those can be. She was very intent on sending all her children to state schools (and sent them to a special measures primary school but one that they liked) but says that the Oxford secondary schools are just awful...
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

loobylou - there are a number of good or better Secondary schools in Oxfordshire.

Look at the link I provided - 43 according to Ofsted - surely the Dad does not know all these schools are 'bad'?
loobylou

Post by loobylou »

I'm sure you are right about OxfordSHIRE - and indeed I did say earlier that I understood some village comprehensives have good reputations. For them though, with 4 girls to get to school, the schools have to be accessible by public transport and from where they live this was apparently not possible though there were one or two they looked at. (For the OP's friend it sounds as though they are prepared to drive). So for my friend she needed schools in Oxford itself. I accept that they may be incorrect in their assessment of "all Oxford comprehensives except Cherwell" being unacceptably poor but all I know is that they were very keen to send their girls to state schools and absolutely feel they can't. (Their children are not especially academic and they are not at all pushy).
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Matthew Arnold is rated good ....

Wheatley? Thame? Even Aylesbury is a better option than HW.
Hope4Ken

Post by Hope4Ken »

How about Didcot Girls school? 77% above c grade gcse passrate and outstanding ofsted within walking distance to trainstation. Just 15mins train from Oxford!
BucksBornNBred

Post by BucksBornNBred »

Guest55 wrote:Matthew Arnold is rated good ....

Wheatley? Thame? Even Aylesbury is a better option than HW.
That comment sounds harsh, G55... is it not time for you to come clean - openly - on your opinions on Wycombe schools?
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

I am talking about transport on this thread ... Oxford to HW is a nightmare journey.
BucksBornNBred

Post by BucksBornNBred »

Sorry G55 ... I misunderstood your posts in that case. Carry on as before :oops:
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now