2008 11+

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Melx

2008 11+

Post by Melx »

Hi Guys

Does anyone know is it true that the test may be taken in spetember next year

Mel
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Hi Mel

I haven't seen anything written down to this effect. Bucks are always trying to reduce the time between the tests and the results, and have successfully cut it back by 2 weeks over the last 3 years.

However, at the other end of the timescale they have the problem that the children have to do the three practice papers before they then take the tests (6 or 8 days apart).

They might be able to shave a few days off the timetable, but I doubt that both tests would end up being in September.

I will keep my ear to the ground!

Best wishes
Sally-Anne
patricia

Post by patricia »

The Admissions forum as at 17 May 2007 stated...

Marion Clayton confirmed that 11+ testing would continue to take place in the autumn term of Year 6 and that parents would continue to express secondary school preferences before the results were published. This was in line with paragraph 2.92 in the new Admissions Code that came into force in February 2007.

Members raised the point that as standardisation took account of the age of the child when the tests were taken would it not be possible to considering testing earlier? Marion Clayton indicated that the Admissions Review Group would consider this matter.

The first paragraph is referring to the the tests taken this year. Although Bucks are 'thinking' of taking the test earlier, its not on the cards yet [and may never be] but its certainly being looked at. I think its a bit late to be considered for next yeards testing. Will also keep my ear to the ground.

Patricia
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now