September 2008 preferences

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Old Armachian

Post by Old Armachian »

1st time post - hope this works!

Question similar to Eager Mum's. My son's preerences were:

1. RGS
2. JHGS

We live in catchment for JHGS and <5 miles (but out of catchment) for RGS (with no sibling etc). Does he have any chance?
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Who knows! 208 is over PAN so it depends how close the other families live - you can always try a transfer appeal if you do not get RGS -
Dad40

Post by Dad40 »

Old Armachian,

Does <5 miles mean circa 4.9 miles?

If so, last year's allocation profile for RGS suggests you would have been right on the edge of their allocation zone. However the previous year, you would have easily got in.
Old Armachian

Post by Old Armachian »

Thank you for your advice.

Guess I'm wondering how many of the 2nd preference qualifers won't get their 1st preference?

Guest55,
Slightly confused as to the 208 figure. I'm probably reading incorrectly but I'd interpreted as 182 1st Choice qualifiers for RGS which, I believe, exactly matches its PAN - or am I missing something?
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Sorry - whoops that's RLS :oops:

RGS says 189 on the analysis - slightly over PAN -
jayne

Updated bulletin

Post by jayne »

Once all the appeals are heard will there be an updated list to give a clearer idea of how oversubscribed the popular schools are (before 3rd March)?
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

I doubt it - there isn't much time between the last appeal and when the lists are shared between LAs - I will keep my eyes open in case though :lol:
out of county dad

Royal Latin Preferences

Post by out of county dad »

Just checking I have the analysis right - looks like RLS has 199 post qualification 1st preferences for 168 places - so up to 31 who passed will not get offered a place ?

Is that correct ?
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Hi OoC Dad

At present I am afraid that is correct. There is an exceptionally high number of 1st preferences for RLS this year.

However, those numbers do include Out-of-County preferences as well as those in catchment, so it may depend on how many of those there are and how far from the school you are compared to them.

If you are on the eastern or western boundaries of RLS catchment, then the Aylesbury schools are all fairly undersubscribed at present, and 1st preferences for Sir Henry Floyd are very low this year.

Sally-Anne
dobbyagain

RLS

Post by dobbyagain »

Am I right in thinking that in catchment with siblings should still be abe to get a place at RLS

Dobby
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now