Bucks secondary transfer test invitation email

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

BlueBerry

Re: Bucks secondary transfer test invitation email

Post by BlueBerry »

Then why ask about Reading Boys cut off scores if she's in Bucks?
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

BlueBerry wrote:Then why ask about Reading Boys cut off scores if she's in Bucks?
Not all Partner schools are in Bucks, and a couple of Partner schools in Bucks are very close to the Berks border.

More to the point, I can't find any evidence of rayramano007 asking about Reading Boys?
BlueBerry

Post by BlueBerry »

She didn't ask about it on this forum S-A
2littleboys

Post by 2littleboys »

Hi Blueberry

Going back to your earlier post it has really depressed me to hear of the Berks crew sitting the Bucks transfer test as a free mock. I thought that had all been clamped down on Sally-Anne?

I hope it's not going to be the situation of previous years where people who have no intention of applying to a Bucks school "elbow out" local Bucks kids who then have to go through the trauma of an appeal etc etc :evil:
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

2littleboys wrote:Going back to your earlier post it has really depressed me to hear of the Berks crew sitting the Bucks transfer test as a free mock. I thought that had all been clamped down on Sally-Anne?
Unfortunately there is no way to "clamp down" on the problem. Under the Admissions Code you have a perfect right to enter your child for any state school entrance test, regardless of where you live, whether you stand a chance of gaining a place, etc.

I do know that in recent years BCC has taken to writing to applicants, pointing out the reality of allocations and asking them to consider withdrawing their application, but the number of applications for testing still seems to rise despite that. I think the only thing it might have achieved is an increase in the number of no-shows: people who read the email and ignore it, but still pull their child out anyway. I suppose it's progress of a sort ...
Aethel

Post by Aethel »

Sally-Anne wrote:
2littleboys wrote:Going back to your earlier post it has really depressed me to hear of the Berks crew sitting the Bucks transfer test as a free mock. I thought that had all been clamped down on Sally-Anne?
Unfortunately there is no way to "clamp down" on the problem. Under the Admissions Code you have a perfect right to enter your child for any state school entrance test, regardless of where you live, whether you stand a chance of gaining a place, etc.

I do know that in recent years BCC has taken to writing to applicants, pointing out the reality of allocations and asking them to consider withdrawing their application, but the number of applications for testing still seems to rise despite that. I think the only thing it might have achieved is an increase in the number of no-shows: people who read the email and ignore it, but still pull their child out anyway. I suppose it's progress of a sort ...
No-shows do presumably help reduce the number of pushed-out locals, because the no-show won't push up the overall cohort mark (out of area applicants are more likely to have been more highly prepared). I appreciate it must be very frustrating for the admin team though.
2littleboys

Post by 2littleboys »

Thanks Sally-Anne I see what you mean.

It's just so infuriating and b****y selfish :evil:
rayramano007

Post by rayramano007 »

I'm sorry to say but some of the parents here are really paranoid, nervous and anxious people. oh my god!
This is really silly. The forum post is about sharing knowledge, experience and information.

I really shouldn't have to justify myself to anyone whether I'm genuine or not. But I'm thankful for the help and advise I received here.
I did ask about Reading scores and just because I asked about cut-off doesn't mean I'm a fisher or whatever I was called.

So asking someone about something posted is judged upon these days?

Judging someone without knowing their personal circumstance is Prejudice or Preconception. I will teach this to my DC and I will teach him the experience I learned today and I will teach him how it is indecent to do that to others. It would be funny if we get this word in the exam.

Thanks
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Most of the posters on this thread are not parents of children sitting the Transfer Test this year ...

Perhaps you should have asked your child's school about the arrangements?
rayramano007

Post by rayramano007 »

Guest55 wrote:Most of the posters on this thread are not parents of children sitting the Transfer Test this year ...

Perhaps you should have asked your child's school about the arrangements?
Hi Guest55, I got the clarification on that topic early on. I was referring to the vicious judgmental attack on me here early on. Some people are really anxious. very anxious. I regret the decision that I even asked.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now