Coach service

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

FA2017

Coach service

Post by FA2017 »

My DD has cleared Bucks exam and I would like to know if there's any coach service running from Wembley/Harrow to Chesham/Dr.Challenors school?
Tinkers

Re: Coach service

Post by Tinkers »

Have you checked the allocation distances to see if you have a realistoc chance of being allocated either school?
https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum ... 12&t=50694" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

The likelihood of her gaining a place at either school is very marginal.

If she does, what is wrong with the Tube? Both schools are within easy walking distance of the Met Line.
anotherdad

Post by anotherdad »

I would think you've next to no chance of being allocated a place at any of those schools, but if you do, I agree that the tube is the best travel option. It would allow your child to participate in after school sports, clubs and events. Any private coach service would run at set times every day.

Make sure you put a local school you'd be happy with on your CAF, because you're much more likely to be allocated a school nearer home.

Edited to add: I've noted that you also posted this on the Berkshire forum:

"my daughter is starting Slough Grammar in Sept 2018 and was wondering if there is coach service does pickups from north wembley?"

Why do you need to know about coach services to Chesham/Chalfont if your daughter's starting at Slough Grammar?
FA2017

Post by FA2017 »

I m trying to get the information about the coach service of slough and Buckinghamshire both. Buckinghamshire is my preferences but due to catchment chances are very slim.
anotherdad

Post by anotherdad »

Ok. So your daughter isn't starting at Slough then. What's the likelihood of securing a place at Slough? I'm not familiar with the detail of their admissions policy but do they typically go out as far as Wembley?
Amber

Post by Amber »

Isn't it a little late to be starting this kind of research now? The CAF has to be in this week doesn't it?
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

Plus the OP won’t find Slough Grammar on any list of schools as it hasn’t been called that for a few years now.

I think the journey is not going to be a good one from Harrow even if a place gets allocated. I think it’s a bit hit and miss whether they would get a place or not. Particularly since Langley have tightened up their admissions this year so there’s a knock effect.
Aethel

Post by Aethel »

If your daughter has a high score she *might* get a place at LGS or Upton Court Grammar (which is what Slough grammar renamed to a few years back).... but only if she got a score >120 at least (possibly higher), and only if you’ve named them correctly on the CAF!!!

Harrow to Slough will be a slog to say the least, though I know some folk make their DC do it. Every year folk seem to insist on putting their DC in for multiple exams with nonidea of how to manage a very long journey even if they get a place. Are there no decent schools in Harrow? Or did she also sit for the North London consortium? Surely that would be easier?
neo1232

Post by neo1232 »

Aethel - OP is from Wembley - not from Harrow - Harrow has still chance in SW Herts but nothing from Wembley

however Wembley High Technology College is really good - 4 min walk from station.

https://www.compare-school-performance. ... =secondary" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now