Transport from Maidenhead to High Wycombe

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Pinky1405

Re: Transport from Maidenhead to High Wycombe

Post by Pinky1405 »

Hi, my friends son goes to JH and gets a bus from Maidenhead. She's Belmont area. The thing to note is if your child is likely to do after sport/school clubs as the bus leaves before they finish! There are many Maidenhead children and they have a whatsapp group and share/take turns re the pick up if the bus has gone. Certainly for JH I think the journey is very doable.
kol

Post by kol »

Thanks Pinky
Pinky1405 wrote:Hi, my friends son goes to JH and gets a bus from Maidenhead. She's Belmont area. The thing to note is if your child is likely to do after sport/school clubs as the bus leaves before they finish! There are many Maidenhead children and they have a whatsapp group and share/take turns re the pick up if the bus has gone. Certainly for JH I think the journey is very doable.
Thanks for your help it looks promising ..
kol

Post by kol »

BlueBerry wrote:Watching this thread with interest. We are out of catchment too and looking at RGS and JHGS.

Kol, have you visited the school? I'd love to compare notes with you.
My son like RGS a lot .. JHGS he did the exam but just keeping my options open as If he doesnt clear Reading but clears Bucks We need to have our choices ready . I dont like last minute JHGS i know is doable only RGS is too far from motorway.

Fingers crossed all should be clear on the weekend.
I am in catchment for William Borlase but the Dance compulsory class put my son off.
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Dance is part of the PE national curriculum.

Why would that put your son off?
IncyWincy

Post by IncyWincy »

This Wycombe bus gets heavily oversubscribed, so they say you need to have your name on the list now https://www.facebook.com/Wycombe-school ... 573424875/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; think there is also another service, Apple?

There is a Borlase bus put on by Bucks CC, this is very expensive and but there is normally no problem getting a place (from a person who has missed the renewal deadline 3 times over the last few years!). Many opt to use the train or lift share instead.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now