NFER Year 4 tests

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now

Post by Guest »

I'm interested to know what the headmasters scores relate to when an appeal is made. I keep seeing 1.1, 1.2, 2.1 etc on the forum and assume the head bases these on the acadamic ability of a child. The reason I have posted under this link is to see if anyone knows whether they use the NFER year 4 or 5 scores or SATs results as evidence of ability or whether it is purely based on class work?

Post by Guest »

I'm interested to know what the headmasters scores relate to when an appeal is made. I keep seeing 1.1, 1.2, 2.1 etc on the forum and assume the head bases these on the acadamic ability of a child. The reason I have posted under this link is to see if anyone knows whether they use the NFER year 4 or 5 scores or SATs results as evidence of ability or whether it is purely based on class work?

Elaine
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

Dear Elaine

The first figure refers to academic ability. A "1" means the pupil is expected to score 131-141 in the 11+. A "2" means a score of 121-130 is expected.

The second figure refers to attitude and motivation.

Yes, some heads will use CATs when deciding on the first figure, but most probably do not. It is left to the professional judgement of heads what method they use.

See the thread "Order of Suitability" much further down the Bucks page.
Etienne

Post by Guest »

Thanks Etienne.

It's good to know - just in case we have to go down the appeal route!

Elaine
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now