How do OOC children get their results?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
WillowFae

Re: How do OOC children get their results?

Post by WillowFae »

I'm guessing 121 scores posted ;)

We are OOC but we are a partner school so results go to the school. We have to go and collect them after school on Friday.
Aethel

Post by Aethel »

"I know we're not meant to be posting scores by my DC did preparation for twelve hours a day, and worked down the mine, and got twenty three thousand and I'm SO proud of them.... the commute from Glasgow may be a little difficult but I'm sure I read in the small print that SWBS gives a few places out of area if they really feel the candidate deserves it....."

We are just OOC so will get a posted result. Still undecided as to what to do but at least it's nearly done!...
BlueBerry

Post by BlueBerry »

We are OOC too. And I've been told that the results will be posted first class on 12th October. I'm assuming that DS's school know his results by now.....
joop

Post by joop »

Seems very old fashioned ( and expensive) to post the results and to hand letters to children at school (which again doesn't seem a good system for children and parents at the school gate).

It would seem more sensible and cheaper to have an email system or a system where you can log in to see the result but there is the option to opt for a letter if you don't have access to computers/email.
BlueBerry

Post by BlueBerry »

joop wrote:Seems very old fashioned ( and expensive) to post the results and to hand letters to children at school (which again doesn't seem a good system for children and parents at the school gate).

It would seem more sensible and cheaper to have an email system or a system where you can log in to see the result but there is the option to opt for a letter if you don't have access to computers/email.
That's how I will receive the Berks results.
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

BlueBerry wrote:I'm assuming that DS's school know his results by now.....
They will receive them tomorrow.
BlueBerry

Post by BlueBerry »

Oh! Do you think that if I ask, they will give me an inkling on whether he qualified or not :lol:
Phrase&Fable

Post by Phrase&Fable »

Do all schools get the results (and in advance) - even those OOC and not partner schools?
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

No. In many cases, OOC schools which aren't Partner Schools might not even be aware that children have taken the Bucks test.
Louey

Post by Louey »

DS's school definitely knows he took the Bucks test as I had to get an authorised absence. They don't know he took the SWHerts test as that was on a Saturday.

I've just had an email from Bucks which says the results will be "in a letter posted on 13th October". Which seems to contradict the information on the website :?
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now