BUCKS RESULTS 13TH OCTOBER: Please read this before posting

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Guest55

Re: BUCKS RESULTS 13TH OCTOBER: Please read this before post

Post by Guest55 »

Blue_Marigold wrote:DD missed out by a few marks but she's happy with the score so all good!
What a great attitude - your DD will be fine with such a sensible, supportive parent :)
MrsChubbs

Post by MrsChubbs »

Xposted Guest55 I was just about to say the same to Blue Marigold. You have done an excellent job for her to feel that way with all the pressure they go through.
BiscuitEater

Post by BiscuitEater »

After all the lingering tummy problems, DD has qualified.

Thanks to everyone on the boards for all the advice over the years! Just one more DC to go, but not for couple years yet.
Karma67

Post by Karma67 »

DS wasn't successful, 103, actually quite surprised at his score, he's always been top of the class and exceeding expected levels,( for example his spelling age when he was 6 1/2yrs old was scored as 13 1/2!), He's a bit disappointed with his score :( and has already asked me if we can go for a selection review. We went for a review with his older sister and were successful but her score was 116, but I'm not hopeful with a 103....will mull it over this weekend.

Well done to all that have been successful ane good luck to those still waiting for results ***

Now where's that bottle of wine..... :wink: :)
anotherdad

Post by anotherdad »

Blue_Marigold wrote:DD missed out by a few marks but she's happy with the score so all good!
Good for her. Sounds a very sensible girl. She'll go far.
mu81

Post by mu81 »

DS has passed Bucks exam! Phew... such a relief :)

Thank you so much to this amazing forum which kept us moving forward in our 11+ journey!!
2littleboys

Post by 2littleboys »

Congratulations to all those whose children qualified.

Blue_Marigold I'm sorry that your daughter has missed by a few marks but as others have said she wil go far with a lovely supportive Mum like you.

My son hasn't qualified :( He scored 118. Not sure what we are going to do now ie should we just accept it or maybe go for a selection review?

Any advice welcome.
RickyardBob

Post by RickyardBob »

DD qualified. I am feeling relief that the journey is over as well as joy for her.

My heart goes out to those of you that are in a different position. I really feel for you. They are still the amazing, funny, clever, talented precious children they were a few hours ago. Wishing you peace and clear thinking about what's best for you and your child . If we were three or so away we were planning on meeting with the head to consider a review if that helps with anyone's decision - you might care nothing for it of course! Our school completed SATS papers in the first week of term which would have been used as evidence of ability in a review - the head shared this info with us prior to them taking the 11+.

Congratulations to all those that have qualified.

Everyone needs a glass of wine tonight.
Morrit

Post by Morrit »

DD got 118.93 so 118 as they round down. Seeing the head teacher on Monday to ascertain if we have head teacher support to go to review.
Good thing and a massive relief to me is that DD was disappointed but is not perturbed and is quite positive. We are celebrating how proud we are with a Dominos pizza tonight - her choice.
Well done to all those that received the results they wanted
Aethel

Post by Aethel »

2littleboys, do you feel he'd be suited to the grammar and does he want to go? 118 is close enough for a selection review to have a decent chance if your head is supportive.

DD2 didn't make it, but her score was lower than 110 so we are not going to review/appeal. We are at a school which is anti-11 plus and her academic record is affected by her dyslexia so no level-threes-across-the-board to convince a panel that she just had an off day.

More to the point, we looked at the letter and she said "good, now I don't have to choose and can just go to <local comp> with my friends". So at least we have a clear and simple path forward. And I can finally stop living on this forum....until 2021 at least!!!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now