11+ changing in Buckinghamshire?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

lea2124

Re: 11+ changing in Buckinghamshire?

Post by lea2124 »

Interesting. Here is an article from bucks free press giving the impression nothing will massively change from how they used to administer the test.
http://www.bucksfreepress.co.uk/news/15 ... _provider/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Only a couple more weeks till we find out I suppose.
Thanks
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Here is the website where we;ll learn more in due time:

https://www.thebucksgrammarschools.org/news" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The Heads have already said it WON'T be like it was before - the press article is speculation. Note the quotes are from L.E.E. an anti-GS group.
drummer

Post by drummer »

lea2124 wrote:
So the Maths in the bucks 11+ test is year 5 maths? not harder say year 6 or 7?
thanks.
According to the GL Assessment website their maths includes content from the beginning of year 6. How far into Y6 they do not specify. However, hopefully Bucks will specify that GL contain their questions so as to not reach beyond the Y5 curriculum.
neo1232

Post by neo1232 »

At least Test date is confirmed 13th sept 2018 and result on 12 oct 2018.
anotherdad

Post by anotherdad »

I do hope that ends up being after most of the other regions' tests and those of independent schools. It might reduce the numbers taking it as a practice test.
neo1232

Post by neo1232 »

I doubt that will be the case,
They should have move to 20 sept to achieved it.

If CSSe can produce result on time with exam on 23rd and even with exam content ofcreative writing- Bucks should have try late date.
WillowFae

Post by WillowFae »

drummer wrote:
lea2124 wrote:
So the Maths in the bucks 11+ test is year 5 maths? not harder say year 6 or 7?
thanks.
According to the GL Assessment website their maths includes content from the beginning of year 6. How far into Y6 they do not specify. However, hopefully Bucks will specify that GL contain their questions so as to not reach beyond the Y5 curriculum.
I was always told that they need to be capable of work a year ahead for the 11+. So taking the text at the very start of Year 6 means that they should be capable of work that is up to the end of year 6.
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

WillowFae wrote:I was always told that they need to be capable of work a year ahead for the 11+. So taking the text at the very start of Year 6 means that they should be capable of work that is up to the end of year 6.
That's not what the Bucks GS Headteachers have said - end of Y5 maths - remember Bucks is not super-selective.
neo1232

Post by neo1232 »

they have added few more details - not too much though

https://www.buckscc.gov.uk/services/edu ... ting-2019/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
BiscuitEater

Post by BiscuitEater »

Erm, isn't the main change on that page the sentence saying that they won't be communicating what the changes are until sometime next month, instead of sometime this month?

I am really feeling for parents whose children are sitting the test next September. I know that logically the most useful prep is just to read lots and gather vocabulary, and to practise times tables and other age-appropriate maths techniques (number bonds, etc), but the ongoing uncertainty about what's happening is annoying. I'm annoyed about it, and I don't actually have a child sitting the new test until 2020. :lol:
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now