11+ changing in Buckinghamshire?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
anotherdad

Re: 11+ changing in Buckinghamshire?

Post by anotherdad »

BiscuitEater wrote:I am finding the lack of comms on next year's exam easier to view as a sign of continued disorganisation and lack of strategy on Bucks' side, rather than as a wonderful opportunity to level the playing field for socially excluded children in Bucks. But perhaps I'm more cynical than most.
Cynical? Yes. You're right, though. I agree and assume the grammar schools and GL haven't got things ready according to their original timetable. You're also right about the probable consequences of a blind test but it would be interesting to see the results. I am pleased that the change of provider and late notification of the details slightly wrong-foots the "11plus economy" that mm23292 refers to, which has got completely out of hand. Pleased for the kids, really. They have enough to contend with in life and can do without the years of 11+ preparation some are subjected to.
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

The problem is that, regardless of any accurate details, I hear that some tutors have gone back to teaching the 21 types. I think any change seems to bring more, rather than less, tutoring just to 'cover all bases'.

I guess that the Bucks GS want to get the meeting with Heads that S-A referred to over before they release the information.
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Here is the updated information: https://www.thebucksgrammarschools.org/ ... nsfer-test" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I will comment later when I've read it ...

From the FAQs:
'The Secondary Transfer Test will continue to comprise two test papers. The first paper will include comprehension, technical English and verbal reasoning questions. The second paper will include non-verbal reasoning, spatial reasoning and maths questions. This will be the same each year, although the questions will be different. Children will answer questions on separate answer sheets.'
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Many thanks to G55 for flagging that. I have created a new thread to discuss the confirmed news, so I will now lock this one.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now