Bucks Allocation - Hounslow

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Tinkers

Re: Bucks Allocation - Hounslow

Post by Tinkers »

In previous years the odd child from my DDs primary school would get into Burnham, but I check the newsletter at the end of the school year even now (DD in year 11] and haven’t seen any one allocated Burnham for some time.
anotherdad

Re: Bucks Allocation - Hounslow

Post by anotherdad »

BlueBerry wrote:Many of my friends that live in Reading / Early firmly believe that they can gain a GS place in Bucks if their child scores high enough in the test. And their DCs are being tutored but by variety of different tutoring companies, so I doubt that they are getting the wrong message from them. From experience, their ignorance is based on knowing someone who got into X, Y or Z Bucks school, their parents telling the entire world that they scored xx in their test and people get the impression that it's like the Slough schools where admittance is based on their DC ranking within the cohort.
You can see how this misinformation takes hold but I'm still surprised that people will go through all the hurdles of registering for and taking the test after getting the wrong end of the stick, but don't make an even cursory check on the validity of what they've been told.