Out of county application

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
petit-pois

Out of county application

Post by petit-pois »

We're applying through Central Bedfordshire and there is no option to provide evidence of address as on the Bucks application. How do they process this and allocate for out of county if they don't ask for this? Anyone know?
hermanmunster

Re: Out of county application

Post by hermanmunster »

They mention this on pages 10 and 11 http://www.centralbedfordshire.gov.uk/I ... -25125.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

they probably check electoral roll etc and if the parents names are there then they will ask for further info
petit-pois

Post by petit-pois »

hermanmunster wrote:They mention this on pages 10 and 11 http://www.centralbedfordshire.gov.uk/I ... -25125.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

they probably check electoral roll etc and if the parents names are there then they will ask for further info
Brilliant, thank you :)
It seems to say on page 5 that I need to check with Bucks about supplementary information so I'll call them on Monday to make sure as there's not much time left now!
Phrase&Fable

Post by Phrase&Fable »

We are OOC (but not in Beds) and Bucks have confirmed that I do not need to provide evidence of address. They will simply use whatever my Home County say is my address (and this county do not normally ask for proof of address).
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

petit-pois wrote:It seems to say on page 5 that I need to check with Bucks about supplementary information so I'll call them on Monday to make sure as there's not much time left now!
The only schools for which you need to submit Supplementary Information are Dr Challoners (Boys) and the 3 faith Upper Schools: Khalsa, St. Michael's & Waddesdon.

(And you can't call BCC Admissions anyway! Everything's done via a Contact Us form on their website.)
BlueBerry

Post by BlueBerry »

Phrase&Fable wrote:We are OOC (but not in Beds) and Bucks have confirmed that I do not need to provide evidence of address. They will simply use whatever my Home County say is my address (and this county do not normally ask for proof of address).
My understanding of this is that if there's any address queries etc, then Bucks CC will contact you via your your home county school admissions. As far as I'm aware one just applies and submits the CAF form by the deadline.

Sally-Anne, is this correct?
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

BlueBerry wrote:
Phrase&Fable wrote:We are OOC (but not in Beds) and Bucks have confirmed that I do not need to provide evidence of address. They will simply use whatever my Home County say is my address (and this county do not normally ask for proof of address).
My understanding of this is that if there's any address queries etc, then Bucks CC will contact you via your your home county school admissions. As far as I'm aware one just applies and submits the CAF form by the deadline.

Sally-Anne, is this correct?
I assume so. The only times I can recall BCC talking to OOC folk directly is when there has been a problem with allocations, and usually it's the applicant who initiates the contact.
petit-pois

Post by petit-pois »

Thanks very much everyone :D
Plato

Post by Plato »

Just in case you need further reassurance, I spoke to Central Beds about this last week, Petit-Pois. They confirmed that we don't need to provide Bucks with any proof of address, as they (Central Beds) will do the checking themselves. Nor do Central Beds require any proof of address from us.