Wycombe High school Travel from Reading

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

BlueBerry

Re: Wycombe High school Travel from Reading

Post by BlueBerry »

And there I was worrying about DS's journey from Maidenhead to JHGS or RGS :shock:
Last edited by BlueBerry on Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
mad?

Post by mad? »

anotherdad wrote:
Tinkers wrote:See this thread too.
https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum ... 25#p641725" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Tbh, I’ve been in this forum for several years. This is the first year that I can remember anyone asking about the journey from Reading to the Wycombe area and this year I’ve seen several. I’m not really sure why all of a sudden.
I think I saw a post a few days ago where someone said they knew someone whose child was travelling to Wycombe. These things then take on a life of their own as part of the school gate chatter. The suggestion (true or not) that someone with a score of x is making the journey every day is presumably enough to legitimise it as an option, coupled with the misconception that a "good score" somehow made it all possible. I think it was Guest55 who also pointed out that a number of commuting WHS girls had left early in year seven so that the school had to advertise for students. Whether those were Reading girls or other of far-flung kids being put through a horrible journey from elsewhere is unknown.
Tirukami, good luck to your DD it sounds as though Kendrick will be a viable option for her. Since you have asked for help on this forum might I ask you to return the favour by telling us where you were led to believe that WHS was a viable option? I ask not as a criticism but in genuine concern that it appears that this year (at least) a huge number of parents (not just in Reading but across the board) appear to have limited understanding of the CAF order of preference and the admissions policies of the schools they are considering, let alone the travel involved. It seems monstrously unfair that people appear to be being mislead in this way. How did it get to this Tiukami (and any other of the myriad of recent posters with thus type of question)? I ask because I am genuinely interested and concerned that people are being terribly mislead.
mad?
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Me too.

Tirukami, if you don't want to disclose anything publicly, please feel free to PM me.
tirukami

Post by tirukami »

Hi,

Thanks for all your input so far. My first priority is always Kendrick and hoping for the same.
I was in the same mind set w.r.t Travel involved with child for next 7 years but want to check the coaches/school transport availability so in case if relocation is needed, we dont have to rush for it....

Thanks once again for your suggestions and will pm individual for other queries raised...
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now