How is everyone feeling? (Year 6 parents)

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Blue_Marigold

How is everyone feeling? (Year 6 parents)

Post by Blue_Marigold »

How is everyone getting on? I guess we’ve all done our forms now so there’s nothing left to do but wait. I am finding it all very stressful. Perhaps it is because I can’t face the prospect of my baby going to secondary school. It makes me feel old.
BlueBerry

Re: How is everyone feeling? (Year 6 parents)

Post by BlueBerry »

I'm feeling really relieved that the CAF deadline has now passed. No more doubting my decision and seeking advice - I bet you guys are all relieved that my JHGS vs RGS debate is all over now :lol:

I'm going to try and forget all about the schooling choices and just get ready for the onslaught of Christmas. I am however looking forward to January when Sally-Anne gets her crystal ball out and start predicting distances etc. I just hope that I get one of my top 2 schools :?
Aethel

Post by Aethel »

Relieved and resigned in equal measure! (DD2 didn’t qualify and we’ve decided not to selection review as she has decided she would rather go to the very local comp).

But I’m still glad we’ve been through the process and as you say, it’s all down now to waiting and making sure our DC are happy with their eventual places.

As long as we support them it will all work out fine :wink:
Phrase&Fable

Post by Phrase&Fable »

Well DD did qualify and she has also decided to go to the very local comp. It was a difficult decision for her to take and I'm pleased we are on the other side now.
WillowFae

Post by WillowFae »

Mixed. DD will get her first choice school due to sibling priority but I'm wondering if we should have gone for our second choice place.