SHFGS International Baccalaureate

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Kata girl

SHFGS International Baccalaureate

Post by Kata girl »

Good Morning everyone
A funny Mothers Day for me -DD off at Rock Challenge and OHs birthday today - so somehow it's turned out not to be all about me today !! :lol:
It has been a good several months since I posted in here due to work and other commitments - it was nice to be back and read a few posts recently. Hopefully I can contribute a bit more again. I thought some of you may be interested in SHFGS Head's letter published this Friday on the school website that from next year they will discontinue the IB as an offer - due to their financial position - which is apparently a similar position to that of most other schools.
I am speculating, but as the letter didn't state arrangements for those students already taking the IB - I presume they would see that through.
Guest55

Re: SHFGS International Baccalaureate

Post by Guest55 »

I interpreted it as they won't offer it to Year 12 but not that they are stopping it for future years. Yes, year 13 will be able to finish the course. I presumed that the numbers opting for it were too small this time.

It's the only school offering it in Bucks.
Floodlight

Re: SHFGS International Baccalaureate

Post by Floodlight »

At the SHF 6th Form Open Evening last night absolutely no mention of the IB for Sept 18. Nothing about it in the prospectus either so I guess it's been phased out for good? Which is a shame.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now