Few Data Analysis Observations and Guessing game!!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

anotherdad

Re: Few Data Analysis Observations and Guessing game!!

Post by anotherdad »

Hey Amber, you're undermining my business!!

"Candles, candles for sale! Get your Barry White CDs here!"
anotherdad

Post by anotherdad »

Amber wrote:And anyone thinking ahead to 2028, I am sorry to tell you that you have missed the Golden Date for this year, as any baby conceived today, for example, risks an August birthday, nay, is pretty much guaranteed of one.
Darn it, I've been glugging protein shakes all morning.
Surferfish

Post by Surferfish »

Amber wrote:The time to book that romantic weekend away, if you want a December baby, looks like being the end of February, beginning of March.
Around Valentines Day then? Perfect! :D
Alternatively if you'd prefer a September baby what better way to bring in the New Year!

"September's child will be a success while August's child will have all the stress."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-15490760" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Amber

Post by Amber »

anotherdad wrote:
Amber wrote:And anyone thinking ahead to 2028, I am sorry to tell you that you have missed the Golden Date for this year, as any baby conceived today, for example, risks an August birthday, nay, is pretty much guaranteed of one.
Darn it, I've been glugging protein shakes all morning.
Heck...how to ask this? No, maybe not for a forum of this type. I was wondering why it was that you need so much extra energy for such an event. Have you been reading Sting's autobiography or something?
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
scary mum
anotherdad

Post by anotherdad »

Amber wrote:Heck...how to ask this? No, maybe not for a forum of this type. I was wondering why it was that you need so much extra energy for such an event. Have you been reading Sting's autobiography or something?
It's all part of a grand plan to leave nothing to chance. As well as managing the birthday carefully, I have lined up a tutor from summer 2022 and have bought part of DCGS's sports field onto which I will build a house, thereby maximising my chances of securing a place because I know catchments are shrinking.

All being well, my prodigy will graduate from Cambridge in about 2040 and I won't need Sting's advice - my doctor son could prescribe me all the blue pills I might need.
neo1232

Post by neo1232 »

Thanks Sally & Others for your feedback

Regarding GL - I feel that Bucks is again taking big risk by having exam on 13th Sep 2018

Two big exams will be behind them - QE Boys and Surrey - both use GL and SW herts Maths is also GL.

I feel that they should have move exam late as much as they can. - may be 20th Sep ? and move result date to also 19th Oct.
BlueBerry22

Post by BlueBerry22 »

Joining in the silliness around December birthdays - not to be recommended if your progeny is planning on competing seriously in some sports as year of birth is the key (not school year group) and a Dec birthday can be seriously disadvantaged. Those January babies are often physically bigger & therefore make all the sporting targets from an early age and thus selection on talent camps etc etc!!!!
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

BlueBerry22 wrote:Joining in the silliness around December birthdays - not to be recommended if your progeny is planning on competing seriously in some sports as year of birth is the key (not school year group) and a Dec birthday can be seriously disadvantaged. Those January babies are often physically bigger & therefore make all the sporting targets from an early age and thus selection on talent camps etc etc!!!!
Which sports is that? Cricket goes by school year so do football and rugby ...
Amber

Post by Amber »

BlueBerry22 wrote:Joining in the silliness around December birthdays - not to be recommended if your progeny is planning on competing seriously in some sports as year of birth is the key (not school year group) and a Dec birthday can be seriously disadvantaged.
Ah, this explains my persistent tendency to be overlooked for Olympic selection then.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now