Allocations 2018: Sally-Anne's crystal ball thread

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

sparklies

Re: Allocations 2018: Sally-Anne's crystal ball thread

Post by sparklies »

Ten days to go!

Does anyone know if the maximum distances are released the same day as the allocation emails? If so, what kind of time?

Given I'm just over the border in Hertfordshire and we get our emails late in the day, it might give me a heads-up if the Bucks statistics are released before I get the email..
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Yes they are - usually around 2pm - there will be a link on here as soon as we find it!
sparklies

Post by sparklies »

Oh good!! Thank you :D

So at least we'll know if she has Chesham or not before I get the email. Much easier to prepare myself (and her, after school) if she hasn't for one of the other possibilities rather than it hitting us full-on. We can deal with the disappointment before finding out which school she does have, it'll be easier to be more positive about choice 2/3/4 then.

I'm going to be living on here come March 1st anyway - looking for any sign of anyone being admitted outside 5.7 miles, ha ha!
Louey

Post by Louey »

We're in a similar position Sparklies although I suspect closer to CGS than you. I was wondering what time Herts sends out the emails. It says that you can log onto their website in the evening but that implies the emails have already been sent by then.
sparklies

Post by sparklies »

I vaguely recall getting the primary allocation email at 6pm, and I think others have said elsewhere on other sites that it's 6pm. I'm guessing it's so that people have time to think about it before hitting the phones the next morning or whatever it is they do!

In some ways it's better than the midnight Thursday that others get, as you have to wait through a whole day and evening then, and not be able to sleep from the adrenaline whatever the result.

Whether or not the information really is available online before the email goes out - well, I'm going to test the server anyway no matter what they say (along with everyone else who isn't sure of the outcome!) I'm desperately trying to remember now if I've seen results online before the email or not.

Good luck!
BlueBerry

Post by BlueBerry »

sparklies wrote:Ten days to go!

Does anyone know if the maximum distances are released the same day as the allocation emails? If so, what kind of time?

Given I'm just over the border in Hertfordshire and we get our emails late in the day, it might give me a heads-up if the Bucks statistics are released before I get the email..
That's a good point. I have no idea of when the results will be released in Berks.
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

BlueBerry wrote:
sparklies wrote:Ten days to go!

That's a good point. I have no idea of when the results will be released in Berks.
Not sure about the rest, but Reading have sent out emails at midnight in the past.
BlueBerry

Post by BlueBerry »

Oh my goodness Tinkers! I don't think that my nerves can take it if I had to wait that long!
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

Not that midnight. As it turns 1st March. So the first ones to get the result, not the last.
BlueBerry

Post by BlueBerry »

Tinkers wrote:Not that midnight. As it turns 1st March. So the first ones to get the result, not the last.
Phew, thanks Tinkers.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now