Allocations 2018: Sally-Anne's crystal ball thread

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
mgm3

Re: Allocations 2018: Sally-Anne's crystal ball thread

Post by mgm3 »

neo1232 wrote:sparklies - this is not same school but it will give you idea

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... sthrough=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I think there are 2 possibilities

1) People move to near to this school after 31st OCT - they give transfer test late.
2) Children staying near to school but opt for other school like DCHS or DGS and now decided to opt for this school by rejecting thier allocation - I may be wrong here since I not fully familar with geography of bucks.
hi neo1232,
In the link provided, for rule 3 - it states that 'Children living in the catchment area on the
day the 11 plus tests were announced'. Could you please clarify if that means 31Oct17 or 01Mar18?
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

This year the results were out on 13th October ( I just saw it in the title of one of the links above).
scary mum
neo1232

Post by neo1232 »

this is for Year 2017 admission data - not this year

but I was just trying to give example to sparklies - like how many people gets admission from 1st March to April round

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
mgm3 wrote:
neo1232 wrote:sparklies - this is not same school but it will give you idea

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... sthrough=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I think there are 2 possibilities

1) People move to near to this school after 31st OCT - they give transfer test late.
2) Children staying near to school but opt for other school like DCHS or DGS and now decided to opt for this school by rejecting thier allocation - I may be wrong here since I not fully familar with geography of bucks.
hi neo1232,
In the link provided, for rule 3 - it states that 'Children living in the catchment area on the
day the 11 plus tests were announced'. Could you please clarify if that means 31Oct17 or 01Mar18?
Happymums

Post by Happymums »

Hi Sally Anne,

Thank you for the useful information, I just want to clarify where it says 1st Pref post qualification for DCGS 269 does this means the children live with in the catchment and achieved qualifying score or is it all the applications (IA & OA) received with qualifying score.

I am referring to Dr Challoner's Grammar School 1st Pref post qualification 269

Thanks
mgm3

Post by mgm3 »

scary mum wrote:This year the results were out on 13th October ( I just saw it in the title of one of the links above).
so does that mean one has to be in the designated area before the actual test date rather than the end date of CAF submission (E.g. say 31Oct17 for the 2017)?
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

mgm3 wrote:
scary mum wrote:This year the results were out on 13th October ( I just saw it in the title of one of the links above).
so does that mean one has to be in the designated area before the actual test date rather than the end date of CAF submission (E.g. say 31Oct17 for the 2017)?
What do the admission criteria for the school say? It's not so much that it is a designated area,but that allocation is based on distance from the school. Where are you & which school are you talking about?
scary mum
mgm3

Post by mgm3 »

scary mum wrote:
mgm3 wrote:
What do the admission criteria for the school say? It's not so much that it is a designated area,but that allocation is based on distance from the school. Where are you & which school are you talking about?

Sorry , when I meant designated area, I meant catchment area.
Well I'm currently in Hampshire and wanted to move near Burnham area.Hence would like to know when is the last date where I can move to Taplow/Burnam area this year , to consider for the first round of allocations, if she qualifies in the 11plus exam this year in Bucks . My dd is in year 5 now and appearing the 11plus exam in Sep'18. Our preference is Beconsfield HIgh school/Burnham grammar schools.
Any information would be helpful.
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Happymums wrote:Hi Sally Anne,

Thank you for the useful information, I just want to clarify where it says 1st Pref post qualification for DCGS 269 does this means the children live with in the catchment and achieved qualifying score or is it all the applications (IA & OA) received with qualifying score.

I am referring to Dr Challoner's Grammar School 1st Pref post qualification 269
It is all qualified boys with a preference for the school - they could live anywhere.
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

The admissions criteria for Burnham Grammar School are here: http://www.burnhamgrammar.org.uk/228/admissions" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
(To save you a job, your address will be taken as the one you are at on 31 October)
I imagine the BHS admissions policy is also on their website. There is a wealth of information on the school websites & the Bucks County Council website.
Presumably you wouldn't move if your DD didn't qualify in the 11 plus? Otherwise you need to think about what Upper School she (or any siblings) would be allocated.
scary mum
mgm3

Post by mgm3 »

scary mum wrote:The admissions criteria for Burnham Grammar School are here: http://www.burnhamgrammar.org.uk/228/admissions" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
(To save you a job, your address will be taken as the one you are at on 31 October)
I imagine the BHS admissions policy is also on their website. There is a wealth of information on the school websites & the Bucks County Council website.
Presumably you wouldn't move if your DD didn't qualify in the 11 plus? Otherwise you need to think about what Upper School she (or any siblings) would be allocated.
Thank you very much for the information scary mum. I could see the last date as 31Oct18 even for BH too from their website. As a back up plan, I'm also searching for good state schools in case if she doesn't qualify in the exam. Any suggestions on good secondary schools in Burnam/Taplow/Slough/Reading area would be helpful.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now