DIY Bucks Transfer Test 2019 Entry

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
scary mum

Re: DIY Bucks Transfer Test 2019 Entry

Post by scary mum »

Mammabear33 wrote:Are you now able to tell us how many questions might be in each section of the new test? This was a questions asked before the first exams, which I imagine we may now know the answer too (and is important when working out timings for practice). Any help greatly appreciated!!
As the same tests are still being used until July, it's probably best not to discuss this until after then.
scary mum
patricia

Post by patricia »

I suspect the amount of questions will vary slightly each year.

The timing within each paper will probably remain constant each year - see the familiarisation booklet link in my first post.

Patricia
sookipixeldust

Post by sookipixeldust »

Hi there

I hope someone can help. I've tried buying the GL Assessments – pack 2 recommended in the first post, but this link https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/shop/ ... Packs.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; just takes you to the home page. I'm not sure which tests to buy. Can anyone update this link or make it clear what to buy? Or recommend any practice papers for the Bucks Test?

Also, my son is doing a little bit of algebra at school (in Herts) - just if '5x + 4 = 44, what is x?' type of stuff, and I've noticed there is some algebra in CGP 10-minute Maths book recommended in the first post. Does that mean there is algebra in this test?

Finally - does anyone have any tips for timings? Should my child be aiming for a question a minute? Should I set up a timer? Or is the Planet Bofa website style of questioning (10 minutes for 10 -15 questions) enough to help teach a child timings? I'd be grateful for any advice.

Thank you very much.
patricia

Post by patricia »

sookipixeldust wrote:Hi there

I hope someone can help. I've tried buying the GL Assessments – pack 2 recommended in the first post, but this link https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/shop/ ... Packs.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; just takes you to the home page. I'm not sure which tests to buy. Can anyone update this link or make it clear what to buy? Or recommend any practice papers for the Bucks Test?
Original post updated to show new set of GL Assessment Tests

Patricia
sookipixeldust

Post by sookipixeldust »

Thank you very much Patricia.

Full link is here: https://www.cgpbooks.co.uk/11-plus-13-p ... tice-paper" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The link in the first post isn't working.
Mammabear33

Post by Mammabear33 »

OK - so now that we are past July is there any more information available on the format of last year's test? Interested to know how many questions and the timings for each section and what were the 'different' things that came up? Would be greatful for any feedback that anyone has so that we can hone the skills learned over pas few months!!
greengekho

Post by greengekho »

Yes, my thoughts too. If anyone can shed any light on new question formats that were used would be helpful. Any info regarding whether the CD gives the kids time warnings (5 mins to go, 1 minute to go) would be useful too please. Or anything else that was strikingly different to the CEM tests that is noteworthy.
Deb70

Post by Deb70 »

I'm not sure we are allowed to post that kind of information
patricia

Post by patricia »

This matter is currently being discussed by the moderators.

Bucks CC state the last testing is July. However, we are not sure whether this applies to Service Children.

Until we are able to verify this information, we cannot allow any content/timings to be revealed.

Patricia
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

patricia wrote:This matter is currently being discussed by the moderators.

Bucks CC state the last testing is July. However, we are not sure whether this applies to Service Children.

Until we are able to verify this information, we cannot allow any content/timings to be revealed.

Patricia
Following on from Patricia's post, we have looked into the matter further, and established that the July date refers specifically to the process for September entry.

From the beginning of September the process for late movers changes to the "in-year process" and the same transfer test from the previous year could be used for these late movers up until December.

I'm afraid this means that we cannot permit any discussion of the previous year's test content until after December the following year.

greengekho wrote:Any info regarding whether the CD gives the kids time warnings (5 mins to go, 1 minute to go) would be useful too please.
All we can say is that each year the CD/Mp3 explains how many questions are in the section (it does vary from year to year depending on the test compilation), it takes them through the practice questions, then tells them how long they have and what the warnings will be (this varies per section as it depends how long the section is - longer sections may have 10 and 5 minute warnings, shorter ones can be as short as 5 mins in total).

There isn't really any benefit in looking for the previous year's test timings and topics as the following year's test will be different.
Etienne