Bucks Selection Review Results

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Aethel

Re: Bucks Selection Review Results

Post by Aethel »

Well done Marigold and Stokrotka and all others whose SRs were successful.

It was obviously tight this year Karma, we made the decision not to SR as we thought DD2s score was too far off the mark to be likely to get an SR and like you we have a good non-selective alternative... good luck with working out if you might appeal or are better off going for the certainty of being at the top of an Upper (which we decided would be better for our Dd2s confidence, and hope this will pay off in the longer run).
Morrit

Post by Morrit »

Congratulations to those who have received deemed qualified results today. My heart goes out to those who did not receive the good news.

My DD is deemed qualified - thank you for all the guidance and others posts that helped me.

I post the below as I wanted to know this information (on previous cases, successful and not successful) when preparing DDs case for SR.

Score was 118
Head teacher support 2:2
Key stage 1 - 2A
July child
Predicted performance 111-120 and working at GDS
EP report provided supporting evidence of academic ability
Special circumstances were provided

I went through SR in 2014 and was successful with 116 - DD is doing very well a grammar.

Thankfully no more children to get through this perverse system.
2littleboys

Post by 2littleboys »

Hi everyone

Congratulations to all of those who have been successful at S/R and commiserations to those who haven't.

Sorry for such a late update (our neighbour had been delivered our post today so we only got hold of our envelope a few hours ago-today of all days!)

Unfortunately it did not contain good news :(

We are so upset but are trying to put a brave face/positive spin on things for the sake of our son (easier said than done.) It feels like the end of the road.

It is such a brutal system-one that I have been both sides of. It is very very hard when you have two children of equal capability and one is deemed "selective" and one not.

2 little boys x
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Sorry to read that 2 little boys :(

The system does get it wrong ...
2littleboys

Post by 2littleboys »

Thank you Guest55.

2 little boys x
Blue_Marigold

Post by Blue_Marigold »

Sorry to hear this 2LB and Karma. Sending love xx
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Congratulations to those who have been successful, and my sincere commiserations to those who have received bad news, especially 2LB.

The system does indeed get it wrong, and sometimes horribly so. :evil:
BlueBerry

Post by BlueBerry »

I’m so sorry 2LB.
2littleboys

Post by 2littleboys »

Thank you all so much.

2 little boys x
Aethel

Post by Aethel »

Many sympathies 2LB, I’m so sorry to hear your news. I agree the system is hard and sometimes feels very unfair.
We have different circumstances as you know (for folk who don’t know, my DD2 has significant Dyslexia and she did not pass) but I know she is every bit as intelligent as DD1. However the selection system is geared towards speed and quantity, rather than the “potential ability” it claims to try to assess.

I do think Bucks is marginally better than Berks, in that the SR system at least exists (in Slough there is no such thing, just appeals of which there are many, but few succeed). I did think you were likely to get a successful outcome: do you think you could face an appeal? Alternatively there is the 12 plus but that’s a bit of a gamble re places, and does involve moving DS if there is a place.....
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now