Bucks Selection Review Results

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
2littleboys

Re: Bucks Selection Review Results

Post by 2littleboys »

Cheers Aethel-I know it hasn't been a smooth ride for you either.
in that the SR system at least exists (in Slough there is no such thing
I didn't know that about the Berks system.

I'm not sure what to do next (if anything). I will see what school my son is allocated on 1st March and take it from there.

Thanks again for your kind words.

2 little boys x
anotherdad

Post by anotherdad »

2littleboys wrote:I'm not sure what to do next (if anything). I will see what school my son is allocated on 1st March and take it from there.
Do you have a good idea of which school you will be allocated, from Sally-Anne’s projections?

There is always the 12+ but it really is a very long shot nowadays. My daughter didn’t qualify at 11+ under the older system and did at 12+ but we were fortunate that there were spaces available and that we lived close to the school. I don’t know how far away you live and which school you’d go for, and in recent years, the grammar schools have had very few if any spaces in year 8. It’s worth looking at if you’re inclined to have another go but you need to keep in mind that the odds of a place are slim in the event of qualification.
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

I don't know where you are but Burnham take a whole extra class in year 8.
scary mum
2littleboys

Post by 2littleboys »

anotherdad

I'm really not sure what school we will be allocated in March. It will probably be our local catchment school which we feel is totally unsuitable for him. If we are extremely lucky we may get a place at the next town's school (we are just out of catchment-but some years children from our street get in and sometimes they dont.)

I don't even want to think about the 12+ :lol:

Thanks for your advice.

scary mum-that's good to know. Thanks.

2 little boys x
Tolstoy

Post by Tolstoy »

Sorry to hear that 2littleboys and others who have been unsuccessful. I have four, 2 went to Grammar and 2 didn't. They did sit different tests. There is no significant difference between them academically but I would say the one that scored lowest has dyslexia but is probably the most academically gifted. We did go to review with one and were turned down. With hindsight I'd stick to appeal.

However I am confident that the two who were unsuccessful will achieve as much as, if not more than their siblings. The one who scored the lowest is probably the most academically gifted of them and the other the most conscientious. So try no to be too despondent. For us the issue is the conscientious one has decided to sit the 13+ and once again I am not optimistic about the result. :(

Congratulations to those who were successful.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now