Suggested books for Bucks 2018 comprehension

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Paddygirl

Suggested books for Bucks 2018 comprehension

Post by Paddygirl »

Hello everyone,
I am just wondering if anyone has suggestions for the best comprehension books on the market that are multiple choice and most similar to the GL level of difficulty? I have tried the Bond ones but alot of the questions I don't think are in the same format.
Also what materials are people using for the spatial reasoning?
Thanks for your suggestions in advance X
vivekms

Re: Suggested books for Bucks 2018 comprehension

Post by vivekms »

Paddygirl wrote:Hello everyone,
I am just wondering if anyone has suggestions for the best comprehension books on the market that are multiple choice and most similar to the GL level of difficulty? I have tried the Bond ones but alot of the questions I don't think are in the same format.
Also what materials are people using for the spatial reasoning?
Thanks for your suggestions in advance X
I found the one's by Schofield and Sims series to be quite good, although all are not multiple choice questions, but there is a good variety of passages/poems and it did develop a good sense of comprehension in DD. Not sure of GL level difficulty as we did CEM style test prep, but Bond one's are generally considered more difficult than others.
Hope this helps.
BlueBerry

Re: Suggested books for Bucks 2018 comprehension

Post by BlueBerry »

We did the CEM test last autumn, which is different than the one that you will be doing this September. I think that we mainly used CGP books. DS didn't like the Bonds book so much so we didn't bother using them. I've got them out now though for his SATs revision as I refuse to buy more books :lol:
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now