Buckinghamshire School Allocations 2006 - 2018

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Louey

Re: Buckinghamshire School Allocations 2006 - 2018

Post by Louey »

I think over the next few years you will see fewer Londoners taking the 11+ as they realise that they have no chance of actually getting a place now the distances have come right in. There will still be a few that take it as exam practice but the numbers should drop substantially. It was only 2 years ago when I looked at it and realised that from where I was living then (W London) we would have got a place at CGS, and people from our primary school did that year. Now of course they would have no chance.
sparklies

Post by sparklies »

Indeed. It was always assumed at my childrens' school that if you qualified for the Bucks 11+, you would get a place at CGS. When I'd say to teachers "if she gets in" they looked confused - 2-4 every year regularly got in and there are links between the schools.

DD is the first child ever from our school to qualify and not get in to CGS. I imagine the school will be telling parents a different story from now on.
Bugismum

Post by Bugismum »

sparklies wrote:Indeed. It was always assumed at my childrens' school that if you qualified for the Bucks 11+, you would get a place at CGS. When I'd say to teachers "if she gets in" they looked confused - 2-4 every year regularly got in and there are links between the schools.

DD is the first child ever from our school to qualify and not get in to CGS. I imagine the school will be telling parents a different story from now on.
Yes, same here. In the past, they few that qualified in DD's school would have no problems getting into AHS/AGS. This year only DD and another qualified yet neither got a place at any GS.
Champa

Post by Champa »

Sally-Anne wrote:Following the allocations on Thursday, I have now revised my record of the allocations for the last (gulp!) 13 years, and you can view it here.
helpful thanks
tech607

Post by tech607 »

Can someone let me know if my understanding is correct?

I am looking at following allocations

Aylesbury GS(Boys) OA to 13.667

Does this mean, kids residing 13.667 miles away from catchment area got the place?
which means, not enough kids within the catchment could pass 11+?

Thank you
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

It means that children living 13.667 miles from the school gates, but not within the catchment area, received a place.

The Aylesbury grammars are on the edge of the county, so they always allocate to beyond their catchment area.
tech607

Post by tech607 »

Thank you..

Is there a location that comes within following 3 grammar school catchment? Royal latin school, Aylesbury GS and sir henry floyd grammar school.
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

No, but please see your other thread (now on the Bucks section) for more specific answers.