Waiting list movement

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

kenyancowgirl

Re: Waiting list movement

Post by kenyancowgirl »

anotherdad wrote:I promise there's only one of me. The jaded cynicism would shine through any alias I might adopt and give me away!
I was actually referring to hoping that neo wasn't posting as Dev too!! There is definitely only one of you. You're unique. A one off. #we'reallabitinlovewithyourcynicism
BlueBerry

Post by BlueBerry »

kenyancowgirl wrote: I was actually referring to hoping that neo wasn't posting as Dev too!! There is definitely only one of you. You're unique. A one off. #we'reallabitinlovewithyourcynicism
:lol: :lol: :lol:
BlueBerry

Post by BlueBerry »

Amber wrote:
Happymums wrote: We have received waiting list position for all the other counties but not for Bucks
All the other counties? How many have you applied to?!
I was wondering how long it'll take until someone commented on that :wink:
Aethel

Post by Aethel »

BlueBerry wrote:
Amber wrote:
Happymums wrote: We have received waiting list position for all the other counties but not for Bucks
Sounds like the moment in the film “Clue” when someone asks Mrs White...

“How many husbands have you had”
“Five”
“FIVE?!”
“Yes, just the five. Husbands should be like Kleenex, soft, strong and disposable...”
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

BlueBerry wrote:
Amber wrote:

suppose some people use "all" when the word "both" would do, but of course it may be more than 2 counties in some cases??
I think happymums has applied to SCD and Bucks schools, not sure where else
Amber

Post by Amber »

BlueBerry wrote:
Amber wrote:
We aim to please. You can rely on me. :wink:
vivekms

Post by vivekms »

Lovecrel wrote:Hi, I can answer the question on how you hear about your waiting list place, based on my personal experience last year. My LA is Windsor & Maidenhead and I was waiting for confirmation on a Bucks school. Windsor & Maidenhead told me that the information on waiting list places would be confirmed by Bucks CC by e-mail. By lunch-time of the day for announcing waiting list places, I e-mailed Bucks CC to check that they would be sending me the information that day because I was worried about it falling through a gap because we didn't live in Bucks. They replied to me saying: "I can confirm that you will receive a waiting list position email from Buckinghamshire County Council by close of business today, should we be unable to offer your preferred school. If we were able to offer the school of your choice, you will receive a letter through the post. These letters will be posted today."

So in other words if you don't get an e-mail on 10th April you can assume (if you dare!) that you are in! I didn't sleep well that night after not getting an e-mail, but I did end up getting a letter the next day confirming my son had got in. It was a huge surprise. I feel for you all - it is a painful process.
Thanks so much, Bucks Council still hasn't replied to me yet, so this information is definitely very helpful!
BlueBerry

Post by BlueBerry »

vivekms wrote:
Thanks so much, Bucks Council still hasn't replied to me yet, so this information is definitely very helpful!
Me neither!
Nuguy

Post by Nuguy »

Bucks Council has replied to me :

The second round of allocations is released on 10 April and no earlier. We will send you a letter on that date if we can make an offer and, if this is not possible, we will email you on the same date to confirm your Son's waiting list position.
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

I'm not sure why you thought the reply would be any different to what it says, very clearly, on the Bucks website.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now