Go to navigation
It is currently Sun Apr 11, 2021 11:50 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 116 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:49 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:38 pm
Posts: 220
- it will be also interesting to know how many family move to Bucks before and after exam results.
- One more factor is more selection review this year and more positive outcome because of that.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:55 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:32 am
Posts: 36
neo1232 wrote:
- it will be also interesting to know how many family move to Bucks before and after exam results.
- One more factor is more selection review this year and more positive outcome because of that.


Selection review looks similar to previous years. There is no way to know how many families moved! It's just a black box at the moment with too many variables.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:58 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:38 pm
Posts: 220
No - it is 324 Vs 244 compare to last year

vivekms wrote:
neo1232 wrote:
- it will be also interesting to know how many family move to Bucks before and after exam results.
- One more factor is more selection review this year and more positive outcome because of that.


Selection review looks similar to previous years. There is no way to know how many families moved! It's just a black box at the moment with too many variables.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:02 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:33 pm
Posts: 1763
vivekms wrote:
Selection review looks similar to previous years.

There were 374 more reviews this year than in 2017, an increase of 54%. Of those, 85 more reviews were successful than were successful last year.

Edited to add: cross-posted with neo


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:04 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Feb 12, 2007 2:21 pm
Posts: 16254
Neo1232 - you have no idea where the additional succesful reviews are living or whether they are in Bucks or beyond. Making any hypothesis on this is absolutely pointless.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:09 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:38 pm
Posts: 220
Guest55 - it can be just one of the factor , not only -
as per me it is valid one.

Guest55 wrote:
Neo1232 - you have no idea where the additional succesful reviews are living or whether they are in Bucks or beyond. Making any hypothesis on this is absolutely pointless.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:12 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Feb 12, 2007 2:21 pm
Posts: 16254
Why do you think anything can be predicted from this information? Some of us have been around this a long time and know it tells you nothing of value.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:32 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:38 pm
Posts: 220
I do not agree with you

1) it is just hypothesis
2) In bucks test everything is proportion
more then 50% Co-hort is from Bucks, from Outside lots of child consider it is Mock test
3) more failure rates in Bucks Co-hort and they have more "at stake", so I can understand more challenge from them
4) Bucks primary school has inherent mechanism for selection review - more information to Parents , Head Teacher recommendation



Guest55 wrote:
Why do you think anything can be predicted from this information? Some of us have been around this a long time and know it tells you nothing of value.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:42 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Feb 12, 2007 2:21 pm
Posts: 16254
neo1232 wrote:
I do not agree with you

2) In bucks test everything is proportion more then 50% Co-hort is from Bucks, from Outside lots of child consider it is Mock test


What does this mean? The Transfer Test is 'opt out' so virtually all Bucks children sit it. Btw, disagreeing with me does not make you right.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:48 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:38 pm
Posts: 220
Disagreeing with me does not make you right too !!

any way I do not want to argue on this so no more comments from my side

Guest55 wrote:
neo1232 wrote:
I do not agree with you

2) In bucks test everything is proportion more then 50% Co-hort is from Bucks, from Outside lots of child consider it is Mock test


What does this mean? The Transfer Test is 'opt out' so virtually all Bucks children sit it. Btw, disagreeing with me does not make you right.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 116 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 16 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Privacy Policy | Refund Policy | Disclaimer | Copyright © 2004 – 2021