Go to navigation
It is currently Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:17 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 116 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 12  Next
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:59 am 

neo, your points were challenged because they were guesses and assumptions. I can't see where integrity and dignity have been questioned. You can't expect to hypothesise on hunches and limited data and not be challenged because if theories are left unchallenged they lead to misinformation and fuel rumour and speculation. That doesn't help anybody, regardless of how you intended it.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:54 pm 

Hi, I can answer the question on how you hear about your waiting list place, based on my personal experience last year. My LA is Windsor & Maidenhead and I was waiting for confirmation on a Bucks school. Windsor & Maidenhead told me that the information on waiting list places would be confirmed by Bucks CC by e-mail. By lunch-time of the day for announcing waiting list places, I e-mailed Bucks CC to check that they would be sending me the information that day because I was worried about it falling through a gap because we didn't live in Bucks. They replied to me saying: "I can confirm that you will receive a waiting list position email from Buckinghamshire County Council by close of business today, should we be unable to offer your preferred school. If we were able to offer the school of your choice, you will receive a letter through the post. These letters will be posted today."

So in other words if you don't get an e-mail on 10th April you can assume (if you dare!) that you are in! I didn't sleep well that night after not getting an e-mail, but I did end up getting a letter the next day confirming my son had got in. It was a huge surprise. I feel for you all - it is a painful process.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:28 pm 

Thanks for this valuable info Lovecrel.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:13 pm 

Yes, thank you! I clearly wouldn't get into a Grammar, given I failed to pick that up from the email Bucks CC sent me yesterday. I just saw the bit about the letter and somehow didn't process the rest of it.

They did indeed tell me that: "If we are able to allocated a place on the second round of allocation we will write to you on 10th April, letter will be posted on the date 1st class." and then at the end they said: "We will let you know their waiting list position, by email, on 10 April and 29 June." which absolutely backs up what you say.

I have changed my mind. If there is one thing worse than waiting for a letter, it's the negative of not wanting an email. Every notification I get that day will be horrendous, and I'll be glued to it all day too. That is a million times worse. SIGH! Lovecrel no wonder you were stressed, I will be too. Were you close on distance in the first round?

I wonder what time the emails are sent out? Are they sent out at the same time as they publish their allocation information (and what time is that?) or before or after? More things to obsess over! Worse, I'll be on holiday and holidays are supposed to be relaxing.

It's on a Tuesday. That's the only thing we know for certain at this point!!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:00 pm 

A big thank for you sparklies and lovecrel for these valuable information.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:37 pm 

sparklies wrote:
Lovecrel no wonder you were stressed, I will be too. Were you close on distance in the first round?

I think we were maybe .2 of a mile out for the original allocations. Based on distances after the final allocations, I think we were probably the last house in in the end for last year. :shock:

I don't know when they send the e-mails. I would guess the morning but maybe someone will post on here when they've got one. It does seem a funny system - I don't know why they can't send e-mails to people who've got in as well as the people who remain on the waiting list to remove the uncertainty!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:21 pm 

Does anyone know whether Bucks school send out waiting list for those who have applied from outer catchment as well? We have received waiting list position for all the other counties but not for Bucks

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:42 pm 

Lovecrel wrote:
sparklies wrote:
Lovecrel no wonder you were stressed, I will be too. Were you close on distance in the first round?

I think we were maybe .2 of a mile out for the original allocations. Based on distances after the final allocations, I think we were probably the last house in in the end for last year. :shock:

I don't know when they send the e-mails. I would guess the morning but maybe someone will post on here when they've got one. It does seem a funny system - I don't know why they can't send e-mails to people who've got in as well as the people who remain on the waiting list to remove the uncertainty!

Exactly! Whoever thought this plan up (and what is wrong with sending positive emails, exactly?!!) is either a complete sadist, or just didn't think it through. After all, if you do have that coveted place, you'll spend the entire day basically completely on edge, as for all we know they might automate the emails at 11.59pm just to be extra cruel. Whereas otherwise you would be in suspense for a bit, but once you got the email you could relax (good or bad news!)

I'm hoping they publish the second round allocation data fairly early on in the day so I can simply tell from that. I found out she didn't get a place from Bucks' distance allocation information which was published several hours before I got the email for the main round from Herts CC. So as long as they publish it at some point during the day, I won't be up until midnight sweating. I will just want to know so we can move on - suspense is a real killer for me.

I'm still not sure why they are as late as April 10th either, when other CCs seem to be able to do it just a few days after March 15th. Ah well.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:43 pm 

Happymums wrote:
Does anyone know whether Bucks school send out waiting list for those who have applied from outer catchment as well? We have received waiting list position for all the other counties but not for Bucks

Bucks only gives waiting list information on April 10th (via email) and June 29th (via email). They don't at any other point. Other counties do though.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:58 am 

Happymums wrote:
We have received waiting list position for all the other counties but not for Bucks
All the other counties? How many have you applied to?!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 116 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 12  Next