Waiting list movement

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

anotherdad

Re: Waiting list movement

Post by anotherdad »

neo1232 wrote:I do not agree with you

1) it is just hypothesis
2) In bucks test everything is proportion
more then 50% Co-hort is from Bucks, from Outside lots of child consider it is Mock test
3) more failure rates in Bucks Co-hort and they have more "at stake", so I can understand more challenge from them
4) Bucks primary school has inherent mechanism for selection review - more information to Parents , Head Teacher recommendation
neo, the problem is that (1) risks misinforming people. I hope you can see that this is how false rumours gain a life of their own and become "school-gate facts" some way down the line.

(2) I don't understand what you're suggesting the impact might be I'm afraid.

(3&4) I don't agree that you can infer this from the differences in qualification rates. You contend that Bucks parents have more at stake and are therefore more likely to go to review. I could counter that by suggesting that OOC parents are already very deliberately preparing for and targeting the Bucks grammar schools and so are more likely to go to review in the event of non-qualification. They have "more at stake" too. I have no idea which of us is right and neither do you.

P.S. do you also post under the forum identity Dev1? He has a posting style that's incredibly similar to yours and sometimes makes the same points in the same way. My apologies if you're not, but the coincidences seem quite striking to me. *now sits back and awaits someone to identify anotheranotherdad!
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

I hope not, anotherdad as that would be against forum rules for one....
anotherdad

Post by anotherdad »

I promise there's only one of me. The jaded cynicism would shine through any alias I might adopt and give me away!
vivekms

Post by vivekms »

sparklies wrote:I'm in a very similar predicament (also out of county, on waiting list) and have been wondering the same thing - which LA will tell me? I'm also wondering if places become available "immediately" as parents reject places and the place shuffle takes place, or only during round two.

The website is not completely clear.

I filled out Bucks' "Contact" form asking those questions, pretty much. Apparently it may take up to ten working days to get a response, but I'm hoping it won't be that long. I also asked our local LA too (same ten working day timeframe) if they had any idea too, along with some other questions I had. Our local LA starts list movement mid March, much earlier than Bucks - it actually gets two more rounds in before Bucks does their one.

I'll say if/when I hear anything.
Thanks, I wrote to them as well last night, lets see what they say. I will post the response here when I get it.
sparklies

Post by sparklies »

Bucks have very quickly replied!

In a nutshell - they will write to us first class on April 10th. They don't co-ordinate allocations beyond the main allocation round, so by the sounds of it they won't tell our local LA, or at least not before they tell us. They also include everybody who has moved to the area since the cut-off date, and also late applications from January onwards.

Doesn't sound like they'll email either. Sigh! I hate letters.
vivekms

Post by vivekms »

sparklies wrote:Bucks have very quickly replied!

In a nutshell - they will write to us first class on April 10th. They don't co-ordinate allocations beyond the main allocation round, so by the sounds of it they won't tell our local LA, or at least not before they tell us. They also include everybody who has moved to the area since the cut-off date, and also late applications from January onwards.

Doesn't sound like they'll email either. Sigh! I hate letters.
That was quick, so nothing till April 10th plus a day or two for the letter! The wait would be killing.
sparklies

Post by sparklies »

I'm glad in a way. The suspense every time I get an email was starting to get to me! At least I now know I won't hear anything until April 10th, and then hope the postal service works as intended..
BlueBerry

Post by BlueBerry »

Thanks for the info Sparklies. We will be on holiday and won't get our letter until 15th April :cry:
sparklies

Post by sparklies »

Ditto :-( I'm going to ask a friend to pop in and open that letter for us though. Cannot stand to wait any longer than I have to!
neo1232

Post by neo1232 »

Anotherdad – I was always trying to help people with information, knowledge – I did never have any bad intention.
with heavy heart I am quitting this forum – veteran people are really doing good work but you cannot raise question on other person’s integrity and dignity.

Luckily bucks have produce this document early to prove my point – this year 72 more child got qualified in bucks as per selection review compare to last year

https://www.buckscc.gov.uk/media/451073 ... h-2018.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

anyway, last thanks to everyone in this forum for valuable journey and may you all got school which you and your child wish for.