12+ - April 2008

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Ambridge

Post by Ambridge »

As a proud House Elf, I have adopted a new positive Pollyanna approach to the 12+ - we/our children are so very lucky in Bucks to be given a second bite of the apple and my son is grateful for the opportunity (to get it right this time!).....:wink:

x
Wiki

Post by Wiki »

Patricia and other experienced 12+'ers

Do you have any specific recommendations on answering the 12+ questions and understanding the different layout of the answer sheet?

In terms of preparation would you say it is merely a refresher of 11+ or do you suggest something different.

I am assuming there are still the same 21 types of questions.

Thanks
Wiki
Wiki

Post by Wiki »

Good luck Ambridge. At least you got a morning exam, we've got to wait until 1.30p.m. - it is such a fun process!
patricia

Post by patricia »

Dear Wiki

I personally do not believe its just a refresher course. Its been 18 months since the children took their 11 plus, if they were not selected it may have been because not enough or incorrect 'coaching' took place?

It does cover the 21 but as its only 1 paper it will only contain approx 12/13 types. You need to know their weak areas, but do not leave out easier types, practice ALL types, paying particular attention to timing. Remember its 85 questions in 45 minutes together with a different way of answering the questions. The standard of questions is no harder than the 11 plus, so maturity will help.

The Tutors CD is of use, BUT you must prepare with pen and paper. Pen and paper at this stage would be either The Tutors or Susan Daughtrey [Bright Sparks] prefably Bright Sparks

May be a good idea to make up your own answer sheets in order for your child to have the necessary practice.

There is an odd Maths question [ not one of the 21] but still only need to know the 4 operations.

Good Luck

PS your pack from County should include the different answer sheet for your perusal.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now