Late transfer test allocations (12+/13+)

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Sally-Anne

Late transfer test allocations (12+/13+)

Post by Sally-Anne »

The allocation profile for today's 12+/13+ outcomes has been published for those schools who use BCC for central testing: https://www.buckscc.gov.uk/services/edu ... ol-places/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I won't be posting this as a Sticky, because "past performance is not a guide to future performance", and that has never been more true than this year. If there is even one place available for Y8 next year, I would be amazed.
scary mum

Re: Late transfer test allocations (12+/13+)

Post by scary mum »

Except Burnham Grammar who seem to add a class each year (I'm assuming this will continue?).
scary mum
anotherdad

Post by anotherdad »

The qualification rate seems to have reduced in the years since my daughter went through it. Back then (2012), I think something like 50% of sitters achieved the qualifying score whereas this year and last year it was 32%. Back then, a child had to have attained SATs 5s in year 6 to be able to sit the 12+, so perhaps that pre-selection increased the success rate, and along with a generally increasingly competitive environment it's got lower, I suppose? More children missing out on the 121 mark and not succeeding at review/appeal and trying their luck at the 12+.

We're also missing a fair comparison because of the numbers of schools that administer their own late transfer processes now.
Last edited by anotherdad on Fri Apr 06, 2018 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tolstoy

Post by Tolstoy »

Thank you for the information. It would be useful to know how many applicants there were for each school I suppose. Our problem will be twofold as our nearest Grammar is still some distance away.... and I have no desire to move again :roll: though I possibly would if it would guarantee a place :lol:
Tolstoy

Post by Tolstoy »

Currently, all grammar schools in the town are full with less than 1% spare capacity across all year groups – largely concentrated in the sixth form. Any spare capacity, after Bucks allocations are made, is generally filled by children living outside the authority. The projections suggest that from 2018/19 demand will outstrip supply and the need for an additional one form of entry.

Actions (current and planned) to address shortage/excess of places. Include the number of places to be added or removed in each school and by what date.

In 2010, the Local Authority provided significant permanent teaching accommodation at Sir Henry Floyd School (to increase its admission number by 0.5 forms of entry). BCC is currently conducting a feasibility study at Sir Henry Floyd Grammar School to expand capacity by an additional form of entry.
https://democracy.buckscc.gov.uk/docume ... return.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I found this, does anyone know if it was acted on. I haven't really kept up with GS stuff of late.
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Yes - Floyd increased its PAN to 180 from 150.
Tolstoy

Post by Tolstoy »

Thanks G55.