Bucks school allocations: Second round 2018

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Sally-Anne

Bucks school allocations: Second round 2018

Post by Sally-Anne »

I have revised my record of the allocations following the second round today, and you can view it here.
Allocation Profiles 2006 - 2018.xlsx
(29.74 KiB) Downloaded 5316 times
Very, very little movement on any of the schools. In part that reflects the enormous pressure on places this year, but also the change of policy by BCC to not allow people to change their preferences before the second round.
William Wright

Re: Bucks school allocations: Second round 2018

Post by William Wright »

What do DD & DS mean?
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

I'm not sure why you are asking on this thread which is about Buckinghamshire second round allocations. DD is dear daughter, DS is dear son (https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum ... =9&t=29397" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Faq number 22)
scary mum
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

I have made a couple of edits to the spreadsheet, correcting the first and second round distances for DCGS, and also correcting a tiny error for RGS in 2013. Many thanks to the member who flagged the first error.

I have now posted the document as a spreadsheet, rather than a PDF, because it is rather more printer friendly - should anyone be mad enough to want to print it!
anotherdad

Post by anotherdad »

Sally-Anne wrote:I have now posted the document as a spreadsheet, rather than a PDF, because it is rather more printer friendly - should anyone be mad enough to want to print it!
Excellent. If I were Bucks CC's admissions team, I'd have it blown up and put on billboards in Reading, Pinner, Harrow, Luton....
MK11+

Post by MK11+ »

Thanks Sally Anne for all your hard work on producing the analysis. Do you know whether these distances apply to all the candidates? I ask as I am struggling to get clarification from Bucks CC on their admissions process. We live out of catchment (16 miles away) but my son fortunately gained a place at SHFGS and started in Spet 2017. Their admissions policy states that siblings are priority number 4, but doesn't state whether that applies to in catchment or outr of catchment. Looking at the distances, it would imply that it is only for in catchment children. Would appreciate any one with insight to this process as we are thinking of moving house on the back of the conclusion to this! :shock:
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

MK11+ wrote:Their admissions policy states that siblings are priority number 4, but doesn't state whether that applies to in catchment or outr of catchment. Looking at the distances, it would imply that it is only for in catchment children. Would appreciate any one with insight to this process as we are thinking of moving house on the back of the conclusion to this! :shock:
The 2018 policy gives siblings (wherever they live) priority over catchment children. However, if memory serves me well, the 2019 policy reversed that, with catchment children taking priority over siblings. I read the consultation document, and I thought the 2019 policy was now online, but it seems to have vanished.

However, given that SHF will never fill all its places from catchment, it is irrelevant. Siblings have priority over distance-only allocations, which will be the bulk of the admissions.

You need to wait for the 2019 policy to be published before moving house!
WillowFae

Post by WillowFae »

This year SHF didn't go very far out of catchment. We were surprised. It definitely didn't go 16 miles out. I can quite easily see none of them going outside of catchment over the next few years with all the new building work going on
Suri123

Post by Suri123 »

Hi,Can anyone please help with my query.
We would like to move into catchment of Challoners now(that's after 1st April).What are the chances of getting a place in the second round in 2019 ,if DS passes Bucks 11 plus.Is there any data regarding the number of students who got a place in Dr Challoners insecond round in previous years.
Thanks.
anotherdad

Post by anotherdad »

Suri123 wrote:Hi,Can anyone please help with my query.
We would like to move into catchment of Challoners now(that's after 1st April).What are the chances of getting a place in the second round in 2019 ,if DS passes Bucks 11 plus.Is there any data regarding the number of students who got a place in Dr Challoners insecond round in previous years.
Thanks.
Yes, in the spreadsheet link on this thread. None this year and perhaps one place last year.