What happens after acceptance?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
vivekms

What happens after acceptance?

Post by vivekms »

DD was offered a place at WHS which I accepted yesterday, can anyone advise what happens next? Do I hear from Bucks council or school directly?
I am not sure if this has been asked/posted earlier, apologies in advance if this is a repeat.
ToadMum

Re: What happens after acceptance?

Post by ToadMum »

vivekms wrote:DD was offered a place at WHS which I accepted yesterday, can anyone advise what happens next? Do I hear from Bucks council or school directly?
I am not sure if this has been asked/posted earlier, apologies in advance if this is a repeat.
Although the offer of the place has come from the LEA, once acceptance has been relayed back to the school, in most places, the welcome back would now come from the school itself (usually with a whole lot of forms to complete :shock: ).
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
vivekms

Post by vivekms »

ToadMum wrote:
vivekms wrote:DD was offered a place at WHS which I accepted yesterday, can anyone advise what happens next? Do I hear from Bucks council or school directly?
Although the offer of the place has come from the LEA, once acceptance has been relayed back to the school, in most places, the welcome back would now come from the school itself (usually with a whole lot of forms to complete :shock: ).
Thanks so much Toadmum, do you know how long this normally takes?
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

vivekms wrote:
ToadMum wrote:
Thanks so much Toadmum, do you know how long this normally takes?
It will vary enormously from school to school, but someone with a DD at WHS may be able to help you.
scary mum
joop

Post by joop »

HI,

We were offered a place at WHS on 1st March. We received an initial letter a few days after and a large welcome pack full of forms at the beginning of last week to be returned by 23 April. It might depend on whether administrative staff work over the Easter holiday period otherwise I would expect it shortly after school returns early next week.
vivekms

Post by vivekms »

joop wrote:HI,

We were offered a place at WHS on 1st March. We received an initial letter a few days after and a large welcome pack full of forms at the beginning of last week to be returned by 23 April. It might depend on whether administrative staff work over the Easter holiday period otherwise I would expect it shortly after school returns early next week.
Thank you so much joop.
sparklies

Post by sparklies »

I was wondering the same for CGS - great point though that it's Easter holidays!! I guess we can't expect to hear anything for a while really.

I'm wondering if I'll hear anything from our home LEA now we've accepted a school elsewhere.
vivekms

Post by vivekms »

sparklies wrote:I was wondering the same for CGS - great point though that it's Easter holidays!! I guess we can't expect to hear anything for a while really.

I'm wondering if I'll hear anything from our home LEA now we've accepted a school elsewhere.
Hope you had a good holiday sparklies. I heard from my ex LEA almost immediately, where we had accepted the admission to the school we were offered on March 1st, saying they were aware that DD has now received an offer from a higher ranked school and if we still need the place there and to respond within the same day deadline.
KT36

Post by KT36 »

Hi - a little bit of paranoia setting in. DS was offered place at JHGS on 10th April (2nd round) which we accepted that day, but I've heard no more. Has anyone else heard from JHGS or other schools post 2nd round?
vivekms

Post by vivekms »

KT36 wrote:Hi - a little bit of paranoia setting in. DS was offered place at JHGS on 10th April (2nd round) which we accepted that day, but I've heard no more. Has anyone else heard from JHGS or other schools post 2nd round?
Even I accepted it on 10th, but no comms yet. I guess due to easter school closure, they would have started on Tuesday, I hope to get something by tomorrow.

BTW, I got a letter from the Bucks appeals team saying that as DD has now been offered a place in WHS, they are closing the appeal case. This came on the 13th itself.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now