Buckinghamshire School Allocations 2006 - 2018

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Sally-Anne

Buckinghamshire School Allocations 2006 - 2018

Post by Sally-Anne »

Following the allocations on Thursday, I have now revised my record of the allocations for the last (gulp!) 13 years, and you can view it here.
Attachments
Allocation Profiles 2006 - 2018 PDF.pdf
(341.89 KiB) Downloaded 970 times
Guest55

Re: Buckinghamshire School Allocations 2006 - 2018

Post by Guest55 »

It's very interesting to look at the changes over the years. If only our tourist 'friends' paid attention to this thread they might avoid some disappointment.
anotherdad

Post by anotherdad »

Given what seems to me to be a flurry of enquiries from Luton-based parents, I hope they heed the trends on the Aylesbury schools. I suspect there may be a tuition business there putting out misleading information, either deliberately or inadvertently.
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

anotherdad wrote:Given what seems to me to be a flurry of enquiries from Luton-based parents, I hope they heed the trends on the Aylesbury schools. I suspect there may be a tuition business there putting out misleading information, either deliberately or inadvertently.
Plus a few in the Reading/Wokingham area.
anotherdad

Post by anotherdad »

What steps do out of area parents applying for the Bucks test have to overcome? Perhaps there ought to be a simple parent test which they have to pass in order to be able to register their child for the test?!

Tongue firmly in cheek of course, but it is astonishing how every year, so many parents appear here after results day or allocation day asking fundamental questions about the process they opted in to, oblivious to the basics of the process. They appear to know all about the test itself and how to prepare for it but are ignorant of the allocation processes. Aside from the often-repeated complaints about the displacement effect on Bucks children, there is the effect on their own children from needless testing and preparation for it.
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

Some people seem to like the boasting rights, although there seems to be a bit less of that this year, & more genuine ignorance of the system
scary mum
BlueBerry

Post by BlueBerry »

Tinkers wrote: Plus a few in the Reading/Wokingham area.
Yes absolutely! I know of at least 20 boys who are in private schools who sat the Bucks tests. The majority used it as a practice for the Reading test ......
lea2124

Post by lea2124 »

Evening All,

We live in Bedgrove, Aylesbury and are literally the first row of houses out of catchment for The John Colet. The secondary schools in Aylesbury are just so awful and The Grange has just had a new ofsted visit and it is still requiring improvement. When is Bucks CC going to take a serious look at the secondary schools in Aylesbury town? It's so depressing. I believe from one of the reports linked on here only 150 children put The Grange as their first choice. It can hold 240 each year. The John Colet on the other hand had 224 children put it as their first choice but only has space for 180.

Also, i can see why there are more selection reviews this year - no one wants their child to go to one of the secondary schools and so are hoping that a score of 116 will get them through the selection review.

We visited The Grange on one of the open evenings and were so disappointed. All the teachers kept on saying was 'we teach to the middle' and sure enough all the way through the ofsted report it says able children are not supported enough and subsequently get nearly a whole grade worse/lower than similar children at other schools at the end of the GCSEs.

We believe our son is capable at a grammar school but I'm very aware of the pressure of performing on one particular day!

It really is a sad state of affairs and to be quite honest i wish we could move to an area where there was no 11+

Sorry for my ramblings

Louise :( :shock:

P.S Why hasn't The Aylesbury Grammar school had an ofsted visit for 9 years? thanks
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Did you look at the new annex of St Michaels as a choice? John Colet was RI, as were a number of Uppers, following the Ofsted 2012 changes to focus on progress. It had a good report in 2016, as did other Uppers.

AGS got Oustanding, as did a number of other GS,so 'escape' inspection for the moment. If you look at my thread on Bucks Ofsted gradings you will see some are even older than 2009 - madness!
lea2124

Post by lea2124 »

hi, we have no interest in sending our son there. The (over-subscription) criteria is heavily weighted for Catholic children or within 0.8 miles. It's on the wrong side of Aylesbury for us.

Will check the other ofsted reports because I'm almost sure it's only the outside village schools that got good.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now