Winslow - Grammar school catchment

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
tech607

Winslow - Grammar school catchment

Post by tech607 »

Hi All,

For someone living in Winslow, what are the Grammar schools he/she is eligible to apply?
I am sure Winslow comes under Royal latin school catchment, does Winslow comes under any other Grammer schools catchment?

Thank you
Guest55

Re: Winslow - Grammar school catchment

Post by Guest55 »

You can apply to any of them but you are too far from many! Winslow would be near enough to the Aylesbury schools to get in on distance I think.

Try putting your postcode in:
https://services.buckscc.gov.uk/school- ... ns/nearest" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

I have moved your topic to the Bucks forum.

I suggest you start here, with the Bucks CC school place finder: https://services.buckscc.gov.uk/school-admissions" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

RLS is your catchment GS, but you would also be within the range of the three Aylesbury grammar schools, based on past allocation distances.

Your fallback alternative (non-GS) school is probably Sir Thomas Fremantle, highly sought after if the number of first preferences is anything to go by.

Take a look at the "Sticky" posts at the top of the Bucks section for more information.

(x-post with Guest55)
tech607

Post by tech607 »

Thank you very much
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

The non-GS catchment is The Buckingham School and in Winslow there is the newish free school Sir Thomas Fremantle on a new site just on the north near where the new station will be. The latter is a 'marmite' school with some loving it and others not so ...
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now