School Arrival Time

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
BlueBerry

School Arrival Time

Post by BlueBerry »

Not sure if I am posting in the right place; please move it to appropriate forum if needed.

I've been looking at bus timetables to JHGS. DS can catch one of two buses which will arrive 20-30mins before school starts. Will he be allowed to arrive at school this early? If so, what do the children do until the start of the first period?
Guest55

Re: School Arrival Time

Post by Guest55 »

Some schools open the canteen early and other will allow students on site. You need to check with the school what provision there is; is the library open? Can they go to form rooms?
BlueBerry

Post by BlueBerry »

Guest55 wrote:Some schools open the canteen early and other will allow students on site. You need to check with the school what provision there is; is the library open? Can they go to form rooms?
Thanks Guest55. All of your suggestions are very sensible..... now why didn't i think of that :lol:
BlueBerry22

Post by BlueBerry22 »

If library not open then they can always sit in the Sports Centre.

JHGS boys also seem to spend a lot of time in the new Waitrose or the more discerning walk round to Tesco before school!

Good Luck
BlueBerry

Post by BlueBerry »

Thanks BlueBerry22. I have spoken to the school office and they said that the canteen and the library will be open. They also said that 8.30am is the perfect time to arrive at school as the boys need to organize their bags/lockers before the first period.
BucksBornNBred

Post by BucksBornNBred »

Hi BlueBerry

We always turn up at 8.30am (traffic permitting!) and that seems to be when most of the boys pour into the school. Certainly the hungry ones are walking to Tesco/Waitrose/Staying at the bus stop with the girls (lol), but there is a swarm of uniforms at that time so your DS should be fine and in good company.

BBB
BucksBornNBred

Post by BucksBornNBred »

Hi BlueBerry

We always turn up at 8.30am (traffic permitting!) and that seems to be when most of the boys pour into the school. Certainly the hungry ones are walking to Tesco/Waitrose/Staying at the bus stop with the girls (lol), but there is a swarm of uniforms at that time so your DS should be fine and in good company.

BBB
BlueBerry

Post by BlueBerry »

Thanks BBB, that's really reassuring, I'll tell DS this info. But I will leave out the smooching with girls option :lol:
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now