Later allocation rounds

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
bluesymum

Later allocation rounds

Post by bluesymum »

Can anyone clarify how places are allocated in the later allocation rounds.
They said there's new lists on May 10th, May 24th, June 2nd and so on.,
Where is the information about allocation and waiting lists on these later dates?
Will only the children who get offered a place hear from the Bucks council or will it be everyone on the waiting list.
Many Thanks
Guest55

Re: Later allocation rounds

Post by Guest55 »

Here is the page that explains it:

https://www.buckscc.gov.uk/services/edu ... on-rounds/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
bluesymum

Post by bluesymum »

Thanks Guest55
I have looked at the page explaining later rounds on Bucks cc, but I am still unclear as to what their communication is to the poor yobs(Re: me) who haven't (yet again)secured a place on each of the specified cutoff dates.,
Thanks and I appreciate all of the advice on this forum- I've hung about long enough- since April last year, I feel embarrassed :| but unfortunately my11+ journey is not over yet., :(
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

We will only write to you in a later allocation round if:

You have asked for a new preference (from the third allocation round - we need to tell you if this can be offered or not)

Or

We have been able to make an offer of a place at a school on your original or later application, that you listed higher than the school we have already offered, and your child is on that school’s waiting list.

I would read from that, that re you haven't added a preference after the third round, they will only contact you if you are being offered one of the schools where your DC is already on the waiting list (they won't contact you each time to say, Sorry, no offers for you this time)?
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
bluesymum

Post by bluesymum »

Thankyou Toadmum that's clear as day