Tutor for QE boys

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Suri123

Tutor for QE boys

Post by Suri123 »

Hi, Can anyone recommend a good tutor to help with the preparation of QE boys entrance exam?Kindly send me a personal message. We live in High Wycombe.We are happy to travel to other parts of Bucks/Harrow/London.Thanks
anotherdad

Re: Tutor for QE boys

Post by anotherdad »

Suri123 wrote:Hi, Can anyone recommend a good tutor to help with the preparation of QE boys entrance exam?Kindly send me a personal message. We live in High Wycombe. We are happy to travel to other parts of Bucks/Harrow/London.Thanks
I thought you lived in Wembley, were moving to be near DCGS but were reconsidering because of primary schooling? That was only two weeks ago!
Suri123

Post by Suri123 »

Yes, We moved to High Wycombe only yesterday.
anotherdad

Post by anotherdad »

You move quickly! Hope you settle in as quickly :)

I can't help with tutor recommendations I'm afraid. Have you got your primary schooling options sorted? Presumably you are considering RGS which I think was one of your Bucks options?
BiscuitEater

Post by BiscuitEater »

If you're in High Wycombe now, would it be worth focussing on the Bucks exam and taking a good look at RGS and JH? Your child will be able to spend less time commuting and more time on homework and clubs over his accumulative secondary school years if he stays relatively local.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Not my business to judge, I'm sure, but having moved to Buckinghamshire for the quality of its secondary schools, you now want your DS to go to school nearly 30 miles away in the London Borough of Barnet...?
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
anotherdad

Post by anotherdad »

Suri123, make sure you are fully abreast of the residency rules for Bucks admissions, which can be found here:

https://www.buckscc.gov.uk/services/edu ... ing-house/
and
https://www.buckscc.gov.uk/services/edu ... ms-we-use/

You don't have to disclose personal information on here so there's no need to explain your house moves but from your posts over the last two weeks, it all seems a little rushed and geographically scattered. You could find yourself falling foul of residency criteria if you are deemed to be tactically moving around on short term leases, even if it's done inadvertently and with good reason. Places can and have been withdrawn where address fraud has occurred. Make sure you don't get into a situation where you put everything in place to attain a school place but have it withdrawn.

In deciding which is your Normal Home Address we would not usually accept an address if:

You or your family has a second home elsewhere as a main residence. We expect that you have sold, or leased, through an agency, your previous property or that a lease agreement on a property you previously rented has expired and that you have no other residence.
Only part of a family has moved out of the Normal Home Address unless this was part of a divorce or permanent separation arrangement. If this is the case we will ask for evidence.
Two or more families claim to be living together in a property which is not suitable for the number of adults and children present and for which there is no formal record of this arrangement.
A child moves to a home other than with their parent, unless this is part of a formal fostering or care arrangement. We may check this information.
The address is that of a holiday home. A family living at a known holiday home address will be asked to provide leasing evidence and if there is a limitation on the tenancy then it will not be accepted.
We can refuse to accept where you say your child lives if we have any doubts, in which case we will continue to ask for evidence to show that you and your family actually live where you say you live. We may ask our legal team to investigate or ask that you provide legal confirmation of your address. We may check the evidence you have provided with other agencies, including your child’s current school.

If we offer a place at a school and then discover that the offer was made on the basis of fraudulent or misleading information (for example, a false claim to living in a catchment area), and this denied a place to another child, the offer of that place will be withdrawn by the admission authority for the school. This has happened in previous years.

BlueBerry

Post by BlueBerry »

BiscuitEater wrote:If you're in High Wycombe now, would it be worth focussing on the Bucks exam and taking a good look at RGS and JH? Your child will be able to spend less time commuting and more time on homework and clubs over his accumulative secondary school years if he stays relatively local.
This was my immediate thought too......
Blue_Marigold

Post by Blue_Marigold »

Hi,

You could try posting your question in the Hertfordshire and north London section as maybe more people know about tuition specifically for QE school there.
Suri123

Post by Suri123 »

Thanks for your suggestions.We have done family move for good reasons and not just for getting a secondary school place.We want to make sure that DS education is not affected by the house move.We are fully aware of the admission rules, otherwise.DS being interested in 11 plus, just wanted to make sure if the area has a good secondary school.