Tutor for QE boys

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
scary mum

Re: Tutor for QE boys

Post by scary mum »

We are not trying to play games of any sort.If that is the case why should I ask for help in a forum like this.
I'm sorry if you think people are being sarcastic. I think maybe it is because you asked for advice, which everyone gave you ("Stay near your outstanding school"), & then asked for advice again when you didn't follow that advice. People find it hard to understand why you would move to a grammar school area & then sit an exam for a grammar school miles away which is much harder to get into. Also, people are very concerned about address fraud so probably want to reassure themselves that this is not what is going on here.
Also it might help if you answered some of the questions that people have asked. Where is your son currently going to school?
scary mum
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

The 11+ varies across counties, so a pass for QE is exactly that. It will not have any bearing or significance on a school/ local authority which has a different test.
anotherdad

Post by anotherdad »

Suri123 wrote:DS is not going to any tution so far.Only 3 months left for the exam.I was told that QE boys is very difficult to get in.So I thought training and sitting an exam in QE would automatically make other entrance s(including Bucks easier).To be honest I am very new to 11 plus as well as to England (living for past 3 years).We are not trying to play games of any sort.If that is the case why should I ask for help in a forum like this.I am not sure if it's a big mistake to write QE entrance while living in Highwycombe ? Yes initially thought of moving to Amersham but didn't because the housing rent was as high as that of Wembley.A person who wants to cheat the system doesn't needs to post so transparently in a forum like this.I am quite disappointed by your sarcastic comments. :(
My comments were in response to what on the face of it, was a very strange combination of posts in a very short timescale. In the space of a couple of weeks you were asking advice about moving from Wembley to Amersham to be near DCGS, then after getting lots of advice on the risks that presented you said you'd take time to think about whether the move was a good idea. Just two weeks later you'd moved to High Wycombe and were asking about a school in Barnet! Now you've explained the thinking behind the QE question but it's still a rapid change of circumstances in two weeks. That's why I posted the guidance about address rules and fraud. You insist you're not trying to cheat the system and I have no reason to doubt your honesty. What I was trying to get across was that your circumstances could be seen to be trying to cheat the system. That's why I posted this:
anotherdad wrote:You could find yourself falling foul of residency criteria if you are deemed to be tactically moving around on short term leases, even if it's done inadvertently and with good reason. Places can and have been withdrawn where address fraud has occurred. Make sure you don't get into a situation where you put everything in place to attain a school place but have it withdrawn.
BlueBerry

Post by BlueBerry »

I'm afraid that this all sounds rather complicated to me. I can't understand why you would move to High Wycombe if you are targeting QE? Unless you'd like the opportunity to target QE but have the security of being in Bucks to access their grammar schools if he doesn't get into QE. Just out of interest, would you move to Barnet if your DS gets in QE?
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

Blueberry, I think that question has been asked (but not answered) before.
scary mum
Blue_Marigold

Post by Blue_Marigold »

If I understood correctly then she’s not targeting QE. She thinks if her son is capable of passing the harder QE exam then he’ll easily qualify for Bucks. I might be totally wrong though.
anotherdad

Post by anotherdad »

Blue_Marigold wrote:If I understood correctly then she’s not targeting QE. She thinks if her son is capable of passing the harder QE exam then he’ll easily qualify for Bucks. I might be totally wrong though.
Yes, that's the gist of the explanation. Hopefully Suri123 is now aware that that is unnecessary and that preparation for the Bucks test need not involve tourism and mocks elsewhere. Presumably her son will be moving (or has already moved) to a primary school in Wycombe where there will be a familiarisation test before the real thing in September.
BlueBerry

Post by BlueBerry »

Blue_Marigold wrote:If I understood correctly then she’s not targeting QE. She thinks if her son is capable of passing the harder QE exam then he’ll easily qualify for Bucks. I might be totally wrong though.
Oh. OK.
Thanks BM.
Suri123

Post by Suri123 »

Thanks a lot for your suggestions.I will find a local tutor just to train him for the bucks 11 plus test.