How it works?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Trivi

How it works?

Post by Trivi »

Hi,
I'm newbie to group. I live in Harrow and have a daughter currently in Year 3. We are targerting GS in South bucks.
I have some basic question in general.

1. Is it possible that she continue till year 6 Primary school in Harrow and move to south bucks depends on which school she get in admission .. closer to school for commute?
OR
2. Do i have to be in school catchment to get placement in south bucks GS Schools?

3. Are there are % of seats considered acdemic good (based on test) if they live outside of catchment.

regards,
Trivi
Tinkers

Re: How it works?

Post by Tinkers »

First of all look here for allocation distances in the last few years.
https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum ... 12&t=54212" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I’m not Bucks based but I seem to think you have no chance of a place from Harrow (locals will correct me if I’m wrong).

All places are distance based as long as your DC scores 121 or above. Score then plays no part in determining if you get a place. Your DC could get the highest score but if you don’t live close enough it makes no difference. Distance is what matters.
Guest55

Re: How it works?

Post by Guest55 »

You need to check out the allocation profiles - Harrow is too far from any of the GS in recent years.

https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum ... 12&t=54212" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

You need to check the admissions policies - it's qualification then distance for all the schools.

Year 3 is quite early to consider Secondary transfer, Harrow has some very good schools so you should look at them too.

[posted at same time as Tinkers]