Charitable donation

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Floodlight

Re: Charitable donation

Post by Floodlight »

Petit pois - from memory they have loads of Ikea bags that you put selected items in then go off to changing rooms to try for size. Once you have what you need you go to pay, handing back the Ikea bag and receiving purchases in a plastic bag. As a guide I got all the uniform (inc 2 skirts, 6 blouses and PE kit) for ~£170

Guest 55 - I’m sure a cheap PAYG may well be all that’s recommended but virtually all have more expensive phones!! And of course even if the cost of the phone is built into the contract, it’s still an expensive phone.
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Floodlight wrote:Guest 55 - I’m sure a cheap PAYG may well be all that’s recommended but virtually all have more expensive phones!! And of course even if the cost of the phone is built into the contract, it’s still an expensive phone.
Parents are foolish then to buy these phones and let children take them to school - all the schools I know would not be sympathetic if these were lost or stolen.
Floodlight

Post by Floodlight »

Guest55 wrote:
Floodlight wrote:Guest 55 - I’m sure a cheap PAYG may well be all that’s recommended but virtually all have more expensive phones!! And of course even if the cost of the phone is built into the contract, it’s still an expensive phone.
Parents are foolish then to buy these phones and let children take them to school - all the schools I know would not be sympathetic if these were lost or stolen.
I agree!
petit-pois

Post by petit-pois »

Floodlight wrote:Petit pois - from memory they have loads of Ikea bags that you put selected items in then go off to changing rooms to try for size. Once you have what you need you go to pay, handing back the Ikea bag and receiving purchases in a plastic bag. As a guide I got all the uniform (inc 2 skirts, 6 blouses and PE kit) for ~£170
Thanks floodlight, I guess it shouldn’t take more than an hour then and I won’t bother to take my own bag. I was planning to get 6 blouses, 2 skirts etc and had priced it up to approx £19o so if it comes up a little less all the better.