Visually impaired test preparation & Nystagmus exemptions

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
vi_mum

Visually impaired test preparation & Nystagmus exemptions

Post by vi_mum »

Hi all
I am completely clueless about getting enlarged study material for my Partially sighted child who has Nystagmus and is recommended font 36 by her LVA.
Also which sections will be tested differently coz of her eyesight and who decides that?

I connected with CGP Schofield and other publications directly and they all directed to RNIB. But do they have enough collection as compared to study material available for normal sighted children? I couldn't find much in their online library. Please confirm.

Also who is responsible for Access Arrangements for the test who decides which sections will be modified as per her eyesight?

Please help me with guidance for Buckingham schools.
Etienne

Re: Visually impaired test preparation & Nystagmus exemption

Post by Etienne »

vi_mum wrote:Also who is responsible for Access Arrangements for the test who decides which sections will be modified as per her eyesight?
The LA's "Special Access Panel" handles the arrangements on behalf of all the local grammar schools.
The deadline for applications is the end of the summer term in Y5.

You should discuss your application with the current primary school.

https://schoolsweb.buckscc.gov.uk/servl ... e0a0337105" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

https://schoolsweb.buckscc.gov.uk/servl ... 9e30572b22" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Etienne
doodles

Re: Visually impaired test preparation & Nystagmus exemption

Post by doodles »

Hi VI-mum, I have responded on your first post please do pm me if I can help.
Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad !