Email from bucks saying no maidenhead kids admitted?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Guest55

Re: Email from bucks saying no maidenhead kids admitted?

Post by Guest55 »

Please note no-one passes or fails - she will qualify for a GS or qualify for an Upper (Secondary Modern).
TheHurdle

Post by TheHurdle »

we dont have those where we are we are over the boarder to grammar area.

its not uppers its a normal school.
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

My point was your terminology about passing and failing ... and, of course, Bucks children don't have a comp back-up option.
TheHurdle

Post by TheHurdle »

Oh yes sorry, its awful for dc in grammar areas isnt it.

I feel lucky we have a chance at grammar that we like - but very lucky we are in non grammar areas.

I guess saying you "qualified" for the upper is a softer way of saying you failed for the grammar.
The poor kids.
We have explained to dd all the variables that happen in these tests, she has friends who have been tutored for years and she hasnt. She knows all the things that come into play and that the other school in our immediate area is good.

she knows if she passes she has more "choice" but if she doesnt pass she is very happy with the other school.

DD is very very good with words, in her case I we could say " failed to qualify" but she would understand that meant she didn't pass. Or that she qualified for her local school but not the grammar :lol: but she would still understand she did not pass.

We hope our attitudes - being v relaxed about it all - being super positive about the other school will help to cushion any actual words or phrases. Its hard to say how she will react but at the moment she seems very chilled about it all.
TheHurdle

Post by TheHurdle »

BTW there is only one school I consider to be good in our immediate area.
I would not consider the others which is why we looked into the Grammars. Others would say differently but I would not for us. But we are lucky to have one excellent school.
BlueBerry

Post by BlueBerry »

TheHurdle wrote:BTW there is only one school I consider to be good in our immediate area.
I would not consider the others which is why we looked into the Grammars. Others would say differently but I would not for us. But we are lucky to have one excellent school.
Which school is this?
TheHurdle

Post by TheHurdle »

Id rather not say !
I think choosing a good school is subjective. The best thing to do is look around a get a feel for the school, chat to the pupils, local knowledge, google etc. As well as the Head, past results and then Ofsted.
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Ofsted rates all the Secondary schools in Maidenhead as good ...
BlueBerry

Post by BlueBerry »

Fair enough. I was only asking for a friend. Luckily I don't need to worry about schooling anymore :D
TheHurdle

Post by TheHurdle »

Yes thats right Head, we are very very lucky.

Personally from personal experience of some of the schools AND taking into account DD herself - her personalty, interest and so on I would only choose for our personal needs and reasons ONE for her,.

Perhaps :roll: I used the wrong word again. I should have said SUITABLE.
All Maidenhead schools are good, but for us only ONE is "suitable" for DD. :D
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now