SAT scores concern

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Blue_Marigold

Re: SAT scores concern

Post by Blue_Marigold »

Guest55 wrote:However, in general my personal experience working at a GS is that the KS2 tests were better predictors than the 11+ score.
This is exactly what I am worried about! Perhaps some of the other parents did lie but it doesn’t change my DDs scores.
anotherdad

Post by anotherdad »

I really don't think you should worry about it. There are a multitude of factors that will affect your daughter's happiness and success at her next school. Her SATs score is not going to be one of them.
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

I would only worry if they were under 100.
Amber

Post by Amber »

Honestly, this is just not worth any more of your energy. One of mine got 2 level 4s in old money and one level 5. The level 4 science translated into A* GCSEs in all 3 sciences and the level 4 Maths into A* GCSE, A (the highest grade) FSMQ; and A* in 2 sciences and Maths at A level. The GCSEs were taken at a mixed ability school with no setting so DC was taught in a group with the full range of abilities.

Grammar schools are not populated by some kind of mini-geniuses, despite what some parents would have you believe. Just try and let this go right now and trust me, when your daughter is at her new school there will be no issues over this at all unless you make them. :)
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Level 4 was fine - it was the level 3s that were an issue. Hence why a score of 90 now might raise an eyebrow.
Amber

Post by Amber »

Guest55 wrote:Level 4 was fine - it was the level 3s that were an issue.
Oh you'd be surprised! There were parents in tears when their kids got level 4s. As you can imagine, I was not one of them. We had been travelling for much of DC's primary school career and I also wouldn't allow practice papers to be done at home.
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

I am talking from a Secondary teacher's perspective - level 4 is average so absolutely OK especially as we knew some schools didn't spend ages on KS2 test practice [hoorah!].