Am I likely to get a reply from a school ...

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
BucksBornNBred

Am I likely to get a reply from a school ...

Post by BucksBornNBred »

... now the holidays are here? I have a couple of questions that I need answers to before the new term but not sure if the school is totally closed now and if my emails will just gather dust over the summer! I would rather not go into specifics on an open forum but any help would be appreciated (school is JHGS).

Many thanks. BBB
Guest55

Re: Am I likely to get a reply from a school ...

Post by Guest55 »

Many schools will have the office open; try an email asking when/if they are open?
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

The school is now closed until Wednesday 5th September. If your call is urgent, please email office@...

From that, I would assume that someone will be in, but not for the purposes of answering calls.

I'm assuming they won't actually expend any time ringing people back, but if they do, I'm sure I'll think of someone I was trying to ring but somehow got a school in Buckinghamshire instead :lol: .
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
BucksBornNBred

Post by BucksBornNBred »

Thank you ToadMum. Didn't think to try to call them today! I will send a couple more emails to see if I get an answer.
doodles

Post by doodles »

If you don't get an answer before I would have thought there would have been somebody there in the week between A level and GCSE results.

Before I get jumped on, I am NOT suggesting ringing on the actual A level results day but a day or so afterwards when it has calmed down a bit and before it all starts again.
Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad !
BucksBornNBred

Post by BucksBornNBred »

Thank you Doodles but, not being there yet, I have no real idea when results come out (though I will check!). I was hoping to get an earlier reply from the office though.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

BucksBornNBred wrote:Thank you Doodles but, not being there yet, I have no real idea when results come out (though I will check!). I was hoping to get an earlier reply from the office though.
A levels / AS, Thursday 16th August. GCSEs, Thursday 23rd.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now