JHGS GCSE Results

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
BucksBornNBred

Re: JHGS GCSE Results

Post by BucksBornNBred »

Guest55 wrote:So you need to wait for them to update the page as he'll be sitting them in 2020. You could e-mail the HOY for Year 10 and ask if anything has changed. Were the boards not mentioned in the Options booklet?
There is nothing about exam boards in the Options booklet but we "had" to buy science text books which are all Edexcel. I think I will email them again but in the meantime I will see if your link matches up with what he has received so far (Eng Lit books and a few notes on what will be covered)

Thank you for your help.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

If you were asked to buy the Edexcel books, then you can be pretty certain that Edexcel is the board the school is using for those subjects. You could have a look at the specification on the Edexcel (Pearson) website.

https://qualifications.pearson.com/en/q ... gcses.html
Last edited by ToadMum on Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
BucksBornNBred

Post by BucksBornNBred »

Thank you Toadmum, that is what I am assuming for the sciences.
BlueBerry

Post by BlueBerry »

I've just noticed that JHGS's PAN for 2019 has increased to 180!
BucksBornNBred

Post by BucksBornNBred »

BlueBerry wrote:I've just noticed that JHGS's PAN for 2019 has increased to 180!
That makes me laugh (and cry too). At appeal they gave the usual sob-story (true in many cases I am sure) that they didn't have enough room for extra pupils and now, suddenly, they have found the room! I don't remember seeing a Parent Bulletin saying they had created more space. Yr 10 this year have been spread across 6 forms, so does anyone know if that has happened to the lower years too maybe in preparation for the increased PAN? Or has this always happened (though we were told forms didn't change after Yr8).

As an aside, BlueBerry - have you booked your tickets for Scrooge? I've never been disappointed with their Christmas play (though Dickens to set music makes my blood boil :lol: )
Last edited by BucksBornNBred on Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MrsChubbs

Post by MrsChubbs »

BucksBornNBred

Post by BucksBornNBred »

Thank you MrsChubbs. I knew about the consultation but am surprised that BlueBerry says it has gone through... I must have missed that email :lol: