Bucks 11+ results 12th Oct: Please read this before posting

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Sally-Anne

Bucks 11+ results 12th Oct: Please read this before posting

Post by Sally-Anne »

Hi Everyone

The Bucks results are only two days away now, and I know from personal experience how nerve-racking that can be. Please may I advise/remind you of a few points?

- Children at Bucks state schools and Partner Schools (in and out of county) will receive their results by pupil post at the end of the school day.

- Please do not open the envelope while you are on school premises. The sight of children and parents alternately whooping and wailing is a very unedifying one.

- Out of County children's results will be posted first class tomorrow, Thursday, in the fervent hope that they will arrive on Friday.

- If the letter does not arrive on Friday, there is no point in contacting Bucks CC Admissions. You just have to sit it out, and register the absence of a letter with them after your post arrives on Monday.

- They will inform you as to when a replacement letter might be sent, but I am glad to say that the non-arrival of results beyond three postal deliveries is as rare as hens' teeth. It is usually the Royal Mail who let you down.

- The flat qualifying mark will be 121, as it has been for time immemorial. All children achieving 121 or more are eligible for a place at a Bucks grammar school, depending upon the remaining admissions criteria for their preferred school, primarily distance.

- For that reason, PLEASE DO NOT POST SCORES ABOVE 121 ON THE FORUM! It is simply boasting to do so. Every year there are people who arrive here and make their one and only post to tell us that their precious child achieved sixty squillion marks. We don't want to know that, and any such posts will be edited/removed.

- If your child has scored 121 or more, you can see past Allocation Profiles for each grammar school here to allow you to assess the chances of being offered a place on 1st March.

- Finally, please show sensitivity towards those who have not received the results they hoped for. If you are among them, Etienne's advice below is your starting point, and we will all support you to the best of our ability.
Etienne wrote:The very best of luck to everyone waiting for the results! :)

Hope you won't need our help, but we will be available if you should need assistance with reviews/appeals.
Please do some reading first of all, before asking questions on the forum.
Start here.

See also this thread.

For some words of encouragement from those who have been through the experience of non-qualification in the 11+ (as well as an unsuccessful appeal),
see here.
Please feel free to post your news on this thread as it arrives, and also any queries about the results.

My best wishes for Friday to you all, and especially to your DC.

Sally-Anne
Para74

Re: Bucks 11+ results 12th Oct: Please read this before post

Post by Para74 »

PLEASE DO NOT POST SCORES ABOVE 121 ON THE FORUM! It is simply boasting to do so. Every year there are people who arrive here and make their one and only post to tell us that their precious child achieved sixty squillion marks. We don't want to know that, and any such posts will be edited/removed.
Sally Anne to be Knighted for that comment ....
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

I will bet the moderators will be busy again this year blanking out scores because people are too lazy to read S-A's post.
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Para74 wrote:Sally Anne to be Knighted for that comment ....
Very kind of you, but don't put the sword away. I will have other uses for it by 5pm tomorrow afternoon, as usual ...
anotherdad

Post by anotherdad »

:lol:
new to all this

Post by new to all this »

The very best of luck to all the children. Whatever happens tomorrow l am grateful (as l was 6 years ago with our older child) for all the advice l've received or read on this wonderful forum.
Thank you
heartmum

Post by heartmum »

Sending Good Luck wishes to all tomorrow :)

I have been on a real 11+ ... then 12+, then 13+ rollercoaster ride with my three over the years :roll: but the advice, help and comfort given by others on this forum was truly wonderful X x x

To all those Forum members ... whom I have never met but gave their advice freely, I will always be truly thankful for everything you did - life sends many curveballs and even at my lowest ebb some truly remarkable invididuals, on a website, helped me through. Thank you.
Heartmum x x x
qwerty

Post by qwerty »

Yes thanks to all those who keep coming back every year to give advice, without this forum I would still think that the 11+ is not competitive and that one should move so that ones children can go to the school with the highest number of pupils qualifying.

We will see tomorrow whether I was right to use more of the GL assessment recommended materials on here or whether we should have stuck to what the tutor recommended :shock:
RobertBucks

Post by RobertBucks »

Good luck to everyone's DC!
Dollydripmat

Post by Dollydripmat »

DD2 qualified. The forum has been a great help with DD1 and DD2. Thank you to all the posters that have have helped me over the years. Dolly xx